Badr 6 on a 1m dish

Robbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Ok don't get too excited, I thought it was good though, just managed to get one, yes just one tp off badr6 on my TD110 with Inverto Black Ultra twin. Was messing about with my meter and the the LNB position, thought I 'd optimise it. Got a couple of extra percent out of most Tps, but noticed a weak one there coming from badr6.:)

Nothing worth watching though, but pleased nonetheless.:)


11727H 27500-3/4


N.B 25.5E due to motor backlash.
 

Attachments

  • badr6.webp
    badr6.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 86
Decent achievement (especially compared to some of the other recent reports/projects).
 
Suspect location plays a part. A nice result anyhow Robbo.
 
Tivù said:
Decent achievement (especially compared to some of the other recent reports/projects).


Yes, not bad. I hopefully checked every other Tp, including the one with AD sports on it, but alas, not even a flicker on the receiver.
 
Gave my dish a little tweak this evening and look what turned up!

(I think my location does help though, and shown position is off a little because of backlash)
 

Attachments

  • AD Sports!.webp
    AD Sports!.webp
    338.5 KB · Views: 71
On a 1.2m dish? Not bad at all.

I've lost it again now, azimuth position is critical to 0.1 degree. Just getting pips and seqeaks interspersed with freeze frame piccies.:(
 
sonnetpete said:
Gave my dish a little tweak this evening and look what turned up!

(I think my location does help though, and shown position is off a little because of backlash)

are you flippin serious!?!?

oh my god UK sucks!! :(
 
Yes, but at least we have Astra 2D!:)
 
garyg said:
are you flippin serious!?!?

To be honest Gary, it only comes in after dark (no good for 3pm's) and as Robbo says, you have to be very precise. Because of the backlash in my motor if I go to another sat and then back to Badr I'll lose that TP. I do get another three or four transponders from Badr6 though (can't find a smiley with a smug expression.....)

(just noticed that was my Post 1000!!!)
 
Well I think you could have tried this one :-WooHoo

or this one :D
 
sonnetpete said:
Gave my dish a little tweak this evening and look what turned up!

(I think my location does help though, and shown position is off a little because of backlash)

I think I know someone who might be persuaded to buy your residence in due course .............. better value than a big dish in many ways. Especially if the latter proves to need regular replacement.
 
Robbo said:
Well I think you could have tried this one :-WooHoo

or this one :D

Hmm, not quite smug enough :-rofl2

Though having reached a posting milestone perhaps :cool::cool::cool: would be more appropriate.
 
Or this :-dgang :-disco :-bubbly


:-hijack

Robbo said:
I've lost it again now, azimuth position is critical to 0.1 degree. Just getting pips and seqeaks interspersed with freeze frame piccies.

Just one tiny cloud is all it takes!
 
Yes guys with the state of the housing market these days can you imagine the sales pitch "...................and with this 1 metre dish that can pickup BADR 6 we have included a house in the sale".I can just see the stampede to make the purchase.With all the sweat and toil and dough that Garyg has gone through maybe this isn't as crazy as it seems.
 
petediscrete said:
Yes guys with the state of the housing market these days can you imagine the sales pitch "...................and with this 1 metre dish that can pickup BADR 6 we have included a house in the sale".I can just see the stampede to make the purchase.With all the sweat and toil and dough that Garyg has gone through maybe this isn't as crazy as it seems.

BADR6 included with the house??

Il buy it!!

lol
 
Back
Top