Barely noticeable flicker

Krat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Israel
I recently bought a dreambox 500, and have connected it via scart to a CRT tv. I connected a second receiver (Topfield fta) to my dreambox via coax cable lnb out to lnb in, and am able to use both receivers, I turn one off to view the other.

Here is the problem. When I turn on the dreambox to view channels, there is a barely noticeable image flicker when viewing any channel, causing eye strain and headache. When I turn on the 2nd receiver, there is no flicker, and the viewing is comfortable. Is there something wrong with my dreambox? or is it the CRT tv? is it the scart connection? will buying an lcd tv fix the problem?

Any input is most appreciated.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Could well be a poor quality power supply in the dreambox. Its certainly a clone and some of the makes are very badly built indeed.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the output to RGB in the Dreambox settings. I find setting my DM7020Si to CVBS causes a slight flicker and doesn't give as good a picture on my TV as when its set as RGB.

Nano

Krat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Hotbird, Nilesat
My Location
Israel
nanochickin said:
Have you tried changing the output to RGB in the Dreambox settings. I find setting my DM7020Si to CVBS causes a slight flicker and doesn't give as good a picture on my TV as when its set as RGB.

Nano

Yes I tried all the settings, RGB and CVBS, and still no improvement.