Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

And they are right! :D Just kidding. Did you remove the subreflector and installed some universal LNBs in the focus? View attachment 150688
It came with this huge ring at the end of the arms.. No where obvious to fit an LNB. So I took an aluminium plate, and made a mount for an LNB. Then took 2 stainless rods, M6, and mounted it on the huge ring. After i found Astra 2, E, F, G, , I then moved the LNB back and forward, to tune in the channels I wanted. The main problem is a 5 meter dish has such a narrow beam, I have to decide whether I want to watch at 8 in the morning, or 8 in the evening. Astra has a sinusoidal track. I know it is not perfect. The rear plate, has many screws to adjust each segment for perfect alignment. These were all changed when I dismantled it to move it. It is too big to fit under many road bridges. So I had to rivit all the sections together as best I could. I guess it cost thousands when first made. And very special kit to set it up perfectly.
I also had to build a special brush to reach up to remove snow on winter. Ideally I should have a fibre connection, as the loss in 75 meter of cabling is very high. But the only fibre LNB i found, was rubbish. Very high noise figure. A better solution would be using the old LNB; then proffesional fibre converter, both ends, then my Konig. But the cost was very high, and as a 75 year old pensionar, not viable.
My VPN is a lot easier and cheaper, and i do not mind my mad reputation. Plus it was an interesting challenge. I used to design radars for missiles. This was a lot harder.
 
So when I first saw this, I put a very low ball offer in, a lot less than 200 just to get things started. The seller immediately accepted the offer... 90 messages between me and him later and 3 weeks later... and it's finally on the way, potentially with missing parts we shall see.

Well the actual dish arrived today, still waiting on all the other bits. Sadly badly damaged in transit so not sure its much use to anyone!

2LBuJkC.jpeg


Might get some sheet bender clamps and give it a go later.
 
Well the actual dish arrived today, still waiting on all the other bits. Sadly badly damaged in transit so not sure its much use to anyone!

View attachment 150690


Might get some sheet bender clamps and give it a go later.
How far are from collection and which courier did you approve ?

You may be able to beat out but not before you get confirmation of compo.
 
How far are from collection and which courier did you approve ?

You may be able to beat out but not before you get confirmation of compo.

Was Parcelforce, £100 comp but thats basically what I paid for the dish so Im relucant to haggle any further with the seller as theres no way they have made any money here, I'll think about it over the weekend. Im still waiting on a 2nd box with the LNB holder and mounting kit etc.

EDIT: It came from London, up to Fife.
 
Was Parcelforce, £100 comp but thats basically what I paid for the dish so Im relucant to haggle any further with the seller as theres no way they have made any money here, I'll think about it over the weekend. Im still waiting on a 2nd box with the LNB holder and mounting kit etc.

EDIT: It came from London, up to Fife.
My laminas 1.2 came from France and I was quite shocked to see it not boxed. it was just wrapped in a tonne of bubble wrap . No damage tho. All that way
 
So when I first saw this, I put a very low ball offer in, a lot less than 200 just to get things started. The seller immediately accepted the offer... 90 messages between me and him later and 3 weeks later... and it's finally on the way, potentially with missing parts we shall see.

Was Parcelforce, £100 comp but thats basically what I paid for the dish so Im relucant to haggle any further with the seller as theres no way they have made any money here, I'll think about it over the weekend. Im still waiting on a 2nd box with the LNB holder and mounting kit etc.

EDIT: It came from London, up to

Was Parcelforce, £100 comp but thats basically what I paid for the dish so Im relucant to haggle any further with the seller as theres no way they have made any money here, I'll think about it over the weekend. Im still waiting on a 2nd box with the LNB holder and mounting kit etc.

EDIT: It came from London, up to Fife.
Parcel Farce..dosen't surprise me!! Got to be the worst courier ever!
 
Was Parcelforce, £100 comp but thats basically what I paid for the dish so Im relucant to haggle any further with the seller as theres no way they have made any money here, I'll think about it over the weekend. Im still waiting on a 2nd box with the LNB holder and mounting kit etc.

EDIT: It came from London, up to Fife.
Who’s to say what condition it was in when it left London as the eBay add just had stock pictures from a website for the advertised dish sale not actual images of the dish and fittings unless you received further pictures from the seller prior to submitting your bid.
 
Who’s to say what condition it was in when it left London as the eBay add just had stock pictures from a website for the advertised dish sale not actual images of the dish and fittings unless you received further pictures from the seller prior to submitting your bid.

Oh he sent lots of photos before and after packaging and I can see the packaging is damaged at that corner so I’m 99% sure it was parcelforce.

I’ve had another look at it and its almost just the rim that’s bent so hoping I can persuade it back into place

I’m actually impressed at parcelforce, it’s pretty solid and tough to bend so they really did a number on it
 
Gibby 125 and STAB motor - bargain!
 
Oh he sent lots of photos before and after packaging and I can see the packaging is damaged at that corner so I’m 99% sure it was parcelforce.

I’ve had another look at it and its almost just the rim that’s bent so hoping I can persuade it back into place

I’m actually impressed at parcelforce, it’s pretty solid and tough to bend so they really did a number on it
Shame they didn't put pipe insulation around the rim. Cheap and could have really helped
 
Shame they didn't put pipe insulation around the rim. Cheap and could have really helped

Yeh thats the ideal packaging I've found!

This one was full of house insulation sheets which was great to prevent any sort of deformation of the dish face but did nothing to protect the edges.
 
Oh he sent lots of photos before and after packaging and I can see the packaging is damaged at that corner so I’m 99% sure it was parcelforce.

I’ve had another look at it and its almost just the rim that’s bent so hoping I can persuade it back into place

I’m actually impressed at parcelforce, it’s pretty solid and tough to bend so they really did a number on it
Probably tried to fold it in half.
 
I had the same Gibby and it seems like they are pretty flimsy as mine was also warped. I did manage to unwarp it but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as yours.

 
Channel Master 1.2m motorised but no description or photo of the motor. In Airdrie, start price £60, can also make an offer.

 
Back
Top