Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Galvanised steel ground stand with 3.5" O/D pole, listed as "suitable for small dishes up to 8ft diameter"
Asking price £120 with "Make an Offer" option.

Ground Stand 3.5 inch O/D 55 inch long | eBay

Hmmm, I am not sure if this one meets the criteria as suitable for a small dish man. I would classify an 8ft dish (~2.4m) as being in the big dish category.
 
Not sure of the necessity of stating suitable for small dishes then given the maximum diameter, smacks of some form of apendage waving from someone who has a large dish.
 
One for "Rusty" perhaps?

I know he said its "New" but price is quite high for what it is really, my CM 1.2 from CJ is going well since I overhauled the polarmount and put a new actuator on it. I need to go bigger, if it was a 1.8m I'd be straight up there :)
 
Galvanised steel ground stand with 3.5" O/D pole, listed as "suitable for small dishes up to 8ft diameter"
Asking price £120 with "Make an Offer" option.

Ground Stand 3.5 inch O/D 55 inch long | eBay

Hmmm, I am not sure if this one meets the criteria as suitable for a small dish man. I would classify an 8ft dish (~2.4m) as being in the big dish category.

A lot of the item on ebay lately are from the same seller in Sheffield.
 
Doesn't mention if buyer is to dismantle, but nevertheless they are overpriced for assembled items, Tony should know that.
 
I did buy a Laminas 1.8m new for silly money and it's just now gathering dust in the garage :( Those aren't available on the 2nd hand market at all, though. That's my excuse and I am sticking with it :D

why you are not using Laminas 1.8 dish
 
Two items on single eBay UK listing:

1. Research Concepts RC2000C dual axis controller with auto lock capabilty for inclined satellites.
2. Starcast H to H motor.

Asking Price £650 or Make an Offer

Starcast H-H Heavy duty dish/ham radio antenna mover quality AZ/EL controller | eBay


To take advantage of the auto lock functionality of the Research Concepts RC2000C unit, a beacon receiver needs to be connected to it.
 
What is Starcast? Like an Ajak motor? Ajak looks a lot beefier than this (in pictures anyway).
 
The Jaeger 1224 from Sheffield sold for £353.
It was £3 above my guesstimate band of £326 to £350.

I wonder if anyone on here will own up to buying it :eek:
 
What is Starcast? Like an Ajak motor? Ajak looks a lot beefier than this (in pictures anyway).

I think the Starcast H to H motor was shipped into the UK along with the 2.3m DH antenna by the previous owner. I would assume it would be OK for a spun aluminium dish up to at least 2.4 metres?
 
Back
Top