Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Very nice. It looks like it's got a TX filter on the feed. I don't know if that OMT covers the RX band on both ports.


The Prodelin 1244 2.4m Ku-Band dish I use in Australia came with an Rx/Tx feed assembly that can receive on both the Rx and Tx ports.
It is currently setup with a pair of Norsat PLL LNB's, one on the Rx port, the other on the Tx port and it works fine.

.
AUS Project - p09 - Prodelin Orthomode.webp
 
Dented IRTE 1.2m. Looks like it has been hit by air gun pellets from a distance.
Back plate and mount look better than usual and fixings aren't rusty.
 
Those dents should knock out with the right wooden block and mallet. The feedhorn is missing and the clamps are unique to the fitting, requiring care as they do corrode.

Certainly the best polarmount on the market though, and a solid groundstand.
 
Dented IRTE 1.2m. Looks like it has been hit by air gun pellets from a distance.
Back plate and mount look better than usual and fixings aren't rusty.


Looks like a fake Superjack actuator and and a two bob meccano mount.
The best bit of kit in the listing is the dish and it is shot to bits.
 
Looks like a fake Superjack actuator and and a two bob meccano mount.
The best bit of kit in the listing is the dish and it is shot to bits.
literally...
 
I messaged the seller. Dish got damaged when moving it in small car along with mount and other bits. So not target practice . Also paint came off when cleaning for eBay. A shame. Nice bit of kit
 
I recommend against buying one of these 2nd hand. I brought one on ebay a year or so ago and they're pretty flimsy and the paint comes off quite easily. I ended up throwing it away.
 
Not entirely sure they did make a 2m but hey ho !
I knew I'd seen one somewhere, it was here:

or is it a 1.8m?
 
Last edited:
Edit - The combined manual is for 2.4m and 3m versions.


I cannot find similar for the 1.8 but perhaps there is a 2m version
 
Last edited:
On page 3 of that manual it states the 8 feet version is 2.03 metres diameter, which isn't even 7ft :confused

I have what I assumed was the 1.8m version. Each petal measures 97cm from the face edge to centre of the Channel Master name plate (which looks to be missing in the eBay dish). I guess if I measured to the edge of the rim it could stretch to a metre. The dish is currently dismantled.
 
Only come across two of the1.8 dishes before, one I had and the other Captain Jack had. Still got the mount for mine with a 2.2 precion on it.
 
Only come across two of the1.8 dishes before, one I had and the other Captain Jack had. Still got the mount for mine with a 2.2 precion on it.
I remember working an a couple over 20 years ago, they would have already been on site for a few years.
 
New Cahors 0.9 multifeed dish very near here


When I remember correctly, the Big BiSat dish has a bit smaller gain than the (normal) BiSat dish, even when it is bigger.

But is has more multifeed potential, and the quality of the dish is indeed good!

Greetz,
A33
 
I really like the look of these. Much more so than the T90 ones - despite having a bigger range and gain.
 
Back
Top