bargain second hand big dishes for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Archive4

I think it´s Wurzel speak

" but this dish are is to come by and I think they are the bees knees."

But I´m from Hampshire, so what would I know?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I think it´s Wurzel speak

" but this dish are is to come by and I think they are the bees knees."

But I´m from Hampshire, so what would I know?
Same difference. Bournemouth used to be in Hampshire until they decided they needed a big town to add onto Dorset in order to even out the average wage statistics and put more money into the area.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Gee Whizz! That was complicated. This number, that addy, but paid and waiting for carrier to collect. BUT it includes the motor so I am well pleased, although I not over keen on a 36v motor. Just have to trust the seller and carrier.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
After some time you will forget you’ve payed > than 100 EUR for such a small but nice dish. And, BTW, 100-150 EUR is not so big amount of money.
But you will still be owner of the newest Fibo55 in the SAT-community. Congratulation!
However, as I told to the person who is selling dish to you: There is no big difference between new Fibo55 and old one. Dish is so good that old dish after some washing new again.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
The price of the dish is fine, a lot cheaper than my Fibo 90 and that had no motor, lnb or brackets. The courier was £65 and a couple of weeks delivery. But I am worth it, only have a small packet of baccy once a week, 2 glasses of wine at Xmas and I even gave up on loose women because I discovered my concentration lasts a lot longer playing with my toys.:rolleyes:

charliehorse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jaeger 1224 CM1.2 TM 3T
My Location
Galway
Hi Lads
I have a 1.2 Channel Master with a Jaeger Supermount 1224 attached to the rear. It has a LNB from the same era (around 2003) Bought from Satellite Superstore if I remember right.
The setup was only ever mounted about two months ago so I could get more channels after dumping UPC TV.
The motor was never powered up so I would have to test that. The dish was in storage but has some very light stains.
I was into SW radio DX and was going to try Sat dx but lost interest so I am going to sell the lot. Can anyone say what its worth? I know they are in demand by dx'ers.
I am in the west of Ireland so some of our Eastern European brethern might be interested.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
@charliehorse Welcome to the forum despite the fact you came just to sell stuff :(
1.2m CM is good dish. And price could be different, depending on the condition, but more importantly on the location. I would say, you can easily ask 50, maybe little bit more. Show some pictures.

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
Hi Lads
I have a 1.2 Channel Master with a Jaeger Supermount 1224 attached to the rear. It has a LNB from the same era (around 2003) Bought from Satellite Superstore if I remember right.
The setup was only ever mounted about two months ago so I could get more channels after dumping UPC TV.
The motor was never powered up so I would have to test that. The dish was in storage but has some very light stains.
I was into SW radio DX and was going to try Sat dx but lost interest so I am going to sell the lot. Can anyone say what its worth? I know they are in demand by dx'ers.
I am in the west of Ireland so some of our Eastern European brethern might be interested.

I would imagine postage to the UK would add significant cost.

charliehorse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jaeger 1224 CM1.2 TM 3T
My Location
Galway
Sorry Rima. I was a contributing member here way back but had to re-register because I could not log in or get my password back..
I would have thought the dish was worth a bit more. They are over €400 here for just the dish.
Plus the fact that it has a never used 1224 attached to the back would rise that considerably...
Might try it this side of the pond first and see how it goes. Shipping would not be easy.
I can post a link to the add so people can see the photos.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Prices on second-hand market can be very different from original price. Sometimes it is even possible to get some stuff absolutely free. However I have seen adds that people were trying to sell their Channel masters for 300 EUR! I got 3 polar-mounted dishes for the price about 50-60 EUR (do not remember exactly). And one dish I got costed only 10 EUR, but that was without any mount and feedarms.

charliehorse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jaeger 1224 CM1.2 TM 3T
My Location
Galway
chamac
Member Profile Page Member Since: Mar 22, 2004

That was me ^^^^ :)

Seen a motor go for €380 back through this forum so going to try €450 for the lot.
I can post on the adds section and you can delete these posts if they are out of place.
Really only wanted to get an idea of worth here so sorry for buttin' in.
Interesting to see they are still in demand.

Last edited:

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
@charliehorse Of course, Jaeger 1224 have some value, and 380 for it could be fair price. Speaking about your old username: I think it is possible to re-activate it for you.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
@charliehorse Of course, Jaeger 1224 have some value, and 380 for it could be fair price. Speaking about your old username: I think it is possible to re-activate it for you.
I had a CM 1.2 with Jaeger 1224 and no one was interested. The dish went to a member of the forum and the motor went for £100. I think the CM 1.2 is an in between dish for sizing. Now they do motors that do not require 36v and some even manage a 1.2 dish people tend to go down that road. Good luck.

charliehorse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jaeger 1224 CM1.2 TM 3T
My Location
Galway
Thanks for your replys folks. I have it on a popular Irish Deal site. I will see how it goes or if it gets any interest. Maybe the right person will spot it. I am including my old TM 5500 DAPCI (hope I can find the remote) with a vintage Magic cam and card. (Rem. "The files" ;-) Don't know if that receiver is any good but it can drive the motor. Rima, might be good to reactivate my old name just for the sake of the join date :-)
I tried any old passwords I could rem. but none would work.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
One of the senior Admins can sort that out for you.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Seen a motor go for €380 back through this forum ...

I have just sold a used Jaeger 1224 through this forum for £125 excluding delivery. It was in used condition but was fully operational. I think you said your Jaeger 1224 was brand new until installed on the dish a couple of months ago so it would definitely be worth more than £125. I think a realistic price for your almost brand new Jaeger 1224 would be around £175 to £200.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It really depends on luck. I bought a 1.2m CM dish and a 1224 motor a few months ago for just under £100. Not in the best condition but perfectly serviceable. Cheapest one I bought was for £50... and the most expensive for £130 with a 90cm Precision dish, a 3" pole and SSS "spider leg" brackets, which alone cost a fair penny.

Location can be an issue - not every seller is willing to post things (understandably so for larger dishes) and a potential buyer can be a little too far for collection so the deal falls through.

I would suggest selling these two items separately with willingness to post 1224 motor (I posted one to Belgium from UK for £20, so it's not a bank breaker).

charliehorse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Jaeger 1224 CM1.2 TM 3T
My Location
Galway
Hi Moon, Thanks for the reply.
I suppose no harm starting high.
With the £/€ exchange rate its not a million miles off at €450.
Thanks Jack for input. I might sell them seperately in the end.
I can wait for a bit as they don't require feeding :-)
I imported them from the UK so can courier them anywhere.

Last edited:
A

Archive4

Thanks for your replys folks. I have it on a popular Irish Deal site. I will see how it goes or if it gets any interest. Maybe the right person will spot it. I am including my old TM 5500 DAPCI (hope I can find the remote) with a vintage Magic cam and card. (Rem. "The files" ;-) Don't know if that receiver is any good but it can drive the motor. Rima, might be good to reactivate my old name just for the sake of the join date :)
I tried any old passwords I could rem. but none would work.
I know this is off topic and understand if it is removed by a God or Titan
Charliehorse, why would you wish to regress to a time when you had less posts, no points and nobody liked you. Age doesn´t matter ( well it does on certain things but this is not a legal action ) Enjoy your " re-birth "
Others on the forum have:D

Status
Not open for further replies.