Batten down the hatches - here we go again!

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Tivù said:
"Don't just do them, screw them"

Sort of "Screw - Fix - Direct" then LOL

luiscolo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2, 4ft antennas 1 12ft bud. recivers= platinum, Ultra and Neosat 2000
My Location
Puerto Rico, USA
This happend yesterday on the Island of Puerto Rico.They were making preparations for theCaribbean and Centro-american games when the place was hit by a tornado. Lights, stage and everything came tumbling down (it's on youtube), 5 injured but no deaths. One of my 5 antennas, one 4 1/2 feet came down and a big vhf one. My 12' BUD and one 5 1/2 and two 4 feet, survived. Glad to say they're back on the roof.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Topper said:
I got caught in Preston by the sudden storm and flash floods on 15 July 2010, 20mm of rain fell in less than 1 hour. Upon my return to Blackburn everywhere was dry and yet I could see the storm I had driven through 15 minutes before over towards Preston. The cloud formations were unusual so I took out my camera and started filming, true to form it was not long before we were engulfed by the storm with rain pelting down and bouncing 1 mtr high.

Tonight it is very high winds and showers

hehe, the remnants of that storm reached all the way here to colne that day, rain wasn't as heavy, but was still very wet with a few rumbles of thunder... :)

More rain the merrier, got to get the reservoirs filled up again, not to mention get the canal reservoirs filled too, cos the L&L's going to be shut if the water levels don't increase... :(

Oh, I've enjoyed a BK burger while sat in that car park before now, if I saw that cloud coming I think I'd have headed indoors right away (don't like thunder!!!)... :-rofl2

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
A bit early to batten down hatches, but the attached photo shows HALF (1 tonne) of the anthracite I ordered and paid for this summer. The other tonne will be delivered when I've used some of this!!

Attachments

• Wynter is a icumen in.jpg
    Wynter is a icumen in.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 15

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location