bbc and rte in Finland

Grimmy

Member
My Satellite Setup
I have nothing at the moment i really need help in getting something sorted out.
My Location
Finland
Hello people,

I'm extremly new to this, so please forgive any stupid question.
I live in finland and i have no idea how to recieve bbc or rte here, or if its even possible?
Where should i start equipment wise? I am open to all suggestions and i appreciate any help.

Thanks again,

I am desperate!!!
 
RTE is encrypted and only available to cards registered in Ireland.

You will need a big dish - according to this:

_http://www.astra2d.com/finland.htm

1.8m isnt sufficient in helsinki.
 
Hi Grimmy!

You don't state where in Finland you live so it is hard to give a definite answer.

However this information may help you:

In the Helsinki area a 2.4m dish is needed. With that the V-pol transponders from Astra 2D are receivable 24/7 with some weather margin. H-pol reception with 2.4m reported only for an hour or so in the evening. This should give you all ITV's and at least BBC 1&2. For full reception of both H and V transponders a 3m would probably be called for.

On the west-coast from approximately Pori to Vaasa and a bit into the country along this line (No reports from north of Vaasa up to Kokkola, Oulu seems a no-go) you can get the H-pol transponders of Astra 2D on a 1.8m except for 06-12 finnish time. Weather margin is very low and the setup really needs to be optimal on the LNB/tuner side as well. This region is affcted by the fairly strong horizontal Stockholm sidelobe and it streches up to Lapland. Much like being on the extension of a great circle line from England trough Stockholm.

I live in this region and get above mentioned reception using a 1.8m prime focus from Aerial, Invacom SNF-031 and DM7020S, DM500S and a Samsung DSR9500AY.

Also in parts of Lapland similar 1.8m experience has been reported

With a 2.4m also V-pol reception of Astra 2D is possible in this area.


Please indicate your position for a more specific answer


Ize
 
Grimmy - please put your nearest big town into your profile. For ultra fringe reception a few miles can make all the difference.
 
Hello,

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry i didnt mention that i am living in Hyvinkää. I know RTE is probably along shot but if i could have the BBC atleast i would be very happy.
Hope this helps. Thanks again guys and I appreciate all the help as I am completly new to this.
 
The RTE channels are on Astra 2D, 10744 H. Hyvinkää is unfortunately much closer to Helsinki than the areas where we have som "tailwind" on the H-transponders.

RTE channels are encrypted but I suppose you have means to get a legit card for those.

Don't go for less than a good 2.4 metre dish. Large used dishes are available cheap or sometimes even for free. The problem is finding them. Have a drive around, knock on doors where you see a large dish that looks out of use - that's how I got mine :) It is surprisingly hard to find new large dishes here these days.

Ize
 
Back
Top