BBC Channels on Astra 28.2

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Can any of you wise men help a friend of mine. He lived in Eire for fourteen years and would like to see some Irish TV. He tried to pick up the BBC channels from Astra but all he gets on the menu is Test, and no picture.
I gave him the frequency etc, but still the same. He has tried two different receivers but no joy, he just gets Test.
If anyone else has had the same problem can they please let me know.
P.S. He was trying to get BBC Northern Ireland.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What equipment is he using Rob and where is he? If he is using a Sky digibox, it is in the EPG, if he is using a standard receiver, he should still have no problems on 10,773 H 22,000 5/6.

Just done a search on my BEC and it is listed as BBC NI and comes up perfectly.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Rolfw,
He has a one metre motorised dish with a Humax receiver, and as you say he should have no problem. He lives not far from me (South Essex) and I pick these channels up on both my Sky dish and my 70cm.
I will email your reply to him and go round to see him tomorrow, thanks.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Not to worry Rolf he has finally found them. He used the detailed search programme on his Humax which took him three hours. I know there are quicker ways because I had a Humax before, but at least he has finally found the BBC channels, mind you it took him nearly two weeks !
Just one question, are there any FTA channels from Southern Ireland ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not as far as I know Rob.