BBC channels set at default.

N

net1

The BBC has confirmed that the local versions of BBC 1 and BBC 2 will be set as default on EPG 101 and EPG 102 on the Sky platform.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
How will this work?.Will the digibox remember your region when you take your card out.If you start with no card,how will your digibox know where it is so as to select your local region.An explanation to your post is needed.......................brian

N

net1

dishdoctor said:
How will this work?.Will the digibox remember your region when you take your card out.If you start with no card,how will your digibox know where it is so as to select your local region.An explanation to your post is needed.......................brian

This was the only info put out at the moment Brian but according to the CAI Five will become part of the Sky subscription package. In the meantime viewers with the old FTV-P1 cards will soon no longer be able to view Five via satellite. Viewers who received a replacement card between January and June should not be affected, nor will existing Sky subscribers.
From 15th July the FTV centre will carry a message explaining that the service is no longer available and giving 08702 430604 as a contact number for digital satellite packages.
At some point during July Sky will broadcast an on screen message visable to only FTV-P1 card holders stating that the service will soon no longer be accessible. There should be a specific number on screen to call for information.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can almost guarantee that the default version will be London in a box with no card.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I read somewhere [can't remember where unfortunately] that new software will be introduced which will allow viewers to select their own BBC1 Area.

If this the case, it might open the door to more user friendly EPG facilities on the $ky platform.

Regards

W. Hole