Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
The BBC has announced that it is delaying the free-to-air relaunch of its digital TV services on Astra 2D until July 14 while the Independent Television Commission makes a decision about whether to step in to the row between Sky and the BBC regarding positions in the Electronic Programme Guide. Sky has threatened to move the main BBC channels to a lower position in its EPG if the BBC does not use its conditional access encryption system. The BBC channels had been expected to begin transmitting free-to-air from May 31. (Reported on the What Satellite TV site May 11th)

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
12/05/03 BBC confirm FTA delay on Sky
The BBC's press department have confirmed to SDO that the BBC will not be broadcasting Free To Air from Astra 2D at the end of the month. In an email response they said: "The BBC had originally planned to go in the clear at the end of May but have not been able to reach an agreement with Sky on the positioning of the channels on the EPG. The Independent Television Commission (ITC) has been asked to make a judgment in the discussions between the BBC and Sky and until that time the ITC have asked the BBC not to start broadcasting in the clear. If the ITC rules in the BBC's favour then a start date, for broadcasting in the clear, will be confirmed." An actual date has not yet been announced, however reports on the Digital Spy website indicated the new FTA launch date as 12th July.

from - s k y d i g i t a l . m e d i a b u l l e t

iceman

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
is the transfer of bbc to 2d delayed or just the going fta

ie will those outside 2d footprint still loose bbc end of may?

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Originally posted by gazza
is the transfer of bbc to 2d delayed or just the going fta

ie will those outside 2d footprint still loose bbc end of may?

As it looks now it is only the FTA part that is delayed. People outside the footprint of 2D IS going to loose BBC in 2 weeks or so )(-red

Cheers
Puffin