nickH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation Receiver
80cm dish
(Maplin HD kit with motor)
My Location
South West Birminham
I have recently noticed a couple of special Testcards (for want of a better word) appearing on BBC HD. The first showed the standard testcard picture but appeared to be testing 5.1 audio . I just caught the last few seconds as it switched a test sound between my left and front rear speakers. The second had two moving white bars. The horizontal bar repeatedly moved rapidly across a scale which said "Video Late" on one side (left I think) and "Audio Late" on the other. The vertical bar had no scale. There was also a tone. Again only caught it for a few seconds. Thinking afterwards I guess that the tone was supposed to come as the horizontal bar was in the centre. If it came whilst the bar was on the left then the Video was late, if it came when the bar was on the right then the Audio was late.

Anyone know anymore about these? Are they transmitted at particular times of day? I think I saw these around 16:10-16:20 GMT. Can't be sure but it wasn't on the hour or half hour.

lyons

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x sky sd(1 sky world and one free to air)

1x freesat( humax foxsat HD)
My Location
at my computer
_http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/12/a_christmas_present_from_the_h.html BBC HD BLOG[/URL] posted this on the 17th of last month. gives you all the info you need on the test cards

nickH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation Receiver
80cm dish
(Maplin HD kit with motor)
My Location
South West Birminham
Thanks very much! This blog is required reading for anyone trying to get the best out of their setup. It contains very useful information even if you never get to see the test signals. The link should be a Sticky post. As you noticed it answered another question I had.

Now all I have to do is sit in front of the TV for a few hours and try to record the test signals....