BBC in Spain

rutledge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anyone help? I am currently in Spain (North) and cannot receive the BBC channels (and ITV). I was able to watch all BBC until a couple of weeks a go. Now I know BBC have moved to Astra 2D if I have my dish aligned to Astra 2D will I loose al the other channels? will a bigger dish pick up both beams?

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Morning to you.

This is a bit of a long story - have a look at this link

astra2d.co.uk

It explains what has recently happened with the BBC moving over to the Astra 2D satellite, and will give you information as to how to get your BBC channels back.

There isn't a need to re-align your dish to pick up 2D, this satellite is part of a cluster of satellites, all positioned at 28.2 degree. The 2D satellite has a smaller footprint (coverage area) then the other Astra 2 satelittes, and you are now on the edge of the footprint, and consequently the signal you are receiving is weaker.

A lot of the other members here will be able to advise you as to whether you may have to change some components of your system, but you will need to post details of your equipment, i.e.

size of dish
type of lnb
digibox manufacturer and model ref

Hope this has helped

richardinalex

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Originally posted by rutledge
Can anyone help? I am currently in Spain (North) and cannot receive the BBC channels (and ITV). I was able to watch all BBC until a couple of weeks a go. Now I know BBC have moved to Astra 2D if I have my dish aligned to Astra 2D will I loose al the other channels? will a bigger dish pick up both beams?

Hi. All the satellites 2A, 2B, 2D and eurobird are more or less at the same location (Eurobird 0,3 degrees off though). If you have your alligned to Sky - it is also alligned to 2D. The signal from 2D is weaker, therefor the alligment and skew (skew is absolutely vital for 2d) could need adjusting a little bit. You would probatly need a bigger dish. See http://www.astra2d.co.uk/ for details.

rutledge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your help. Just a quick question, What satelites are sky on at the moment? and the degrees?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They're all still in the same place, but some channels have moved to different satellites within the group, see http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml

To really offer any useful advice, we need to know your setup in detail.