BBC Programmes in Sweden

martin

Reaction score
Help Please!
I live in Norrköping in Sweden.
Dish 1.40 Digistar SF-1 LNB
Panasonic TU DSB30 box with old style FTV card.
Default Transponder Setting 11788 V27.5 2/3

Until May we had pretty good reception on everything except occasional break up on ITV.
Then everything started to crack and now disappear. All that is left is Channels 4 & 5.

Do I need to get some form of new card?
Should the dish be moved to some new position since BBC have gone or are going to Astra D?
Are there easy instructions for changing the box settings?
Will I need another transponder and or card to keep 4 % 5?

All advice very welcome but please explain as if to an eight year old
( in fact they would probably know better already but you understand what I mean); many thanks.

Martin

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Hej Martin, well the BBc have moved to another frequency and position, which is probably within the range of your dish and location, considering that people in Stockholm can pick the signal with a 1M dish. Its strange that you dont see ITV anymore, they havent moved from where they were b4. You should probably play with your dish a bit as there are good chances you might get BBC and ITV again, but from the middle of July, in order to get ITV, C4 and C5, it looks like you'l have to have an oficial sky card, as the old cards will die.
Have a read trough this forum, as there is a lot of infos.

martin

Reaction score
sgar said:
Hej Martin, well the BBc have moved to another frequency and position, which is probably within the range of your dish and location, considering that people in Stockholm can pick the signal with a 1M dish. Its strange that you dont see ITV anymore, they havent moved from where they were b4. You should probably play with your dish a bit as there are good chances you might get BBC and ITV again, but from the middle of July, in order to get ITV, C4 and C5, it looks like you'l have to have an oficial sky card, as the old cards will die.
Have a read trough this forum, as there is a lot of infos.

Hej SGAR,

Thanks for your reply.. looks like I'll have to get the installer in to play with the dish.. we did have some pretty strong winds a few weeks ago maybe that has caused the problem and I wrongly assumed it was the change of position. I'll let you know how it goes.

many thanks

Martin