BBC3 discussion

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Its the only decent channel they have. How about them asking the people who actually pay for it instead of giving the decision to some privately schooled knobheads who have absolutely no idea what the paying pubic want.
Oh, I don't know - there are plenty of pubic surveys...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Its the only decent channel they have. How about them asking the people who actually pay for it instead of giving the decision to some privately schooled knobheads who have absolutely no idea what the paying pubic want.

As per usual we have no say in it at all. This country makes me sick, it really does.

Nano

The BBC Trust has been running an online website form, where everyone can have their say, for quite some time and it has been well publicised.
It was an in-depth survey that took quite some time to fill in and allowed you to input as much information, in the form of suggestion boxes, to each topic, that dealt with all aspects of the BBC, including television, radio, and even online content.

Personally I never watch any British television, including the BBC, due to the same scenes being shown all the time, especially in their comedies. Naked men and boys, in changing rooms or showers, where girls enter, steal their clothes and force them naked in public.
Other excuses for a man or boy to be naked in public using only their hands to cover their nudity.
Strangely I have never seen any of these scenes reversed, and have yet to receive a reply, from the BBC, or anyone else, as to why this is not deemed sexist.
When I was viewing the BBC, many years ago, I noticed that only shots of the naked male bottom were allowed, why in such BBC comedies, like Coupling, the camera stopped at the back when a naked woman was involved in a comic scene, but showed the naked bottom when it was a man.
They even edited films, like Splash and Overboard, to avoid showing the female bottom, but were quite happy for children to view the naked male bottom even in episodes of Neighbours, but once again this was not deemed to be sexist.
Perhaps they have now changed this policy, as I have not viewed for quite a few years.
I do know, from the internet, that the BBC showed an edited version of The White Queen, with quite a bit of female nudity edited out, so maybe they are still running their male only nudity editorial policy.

If you wish to have your say Nano, on all aspects of the BBC, why not visit the BBC Trust website and contact them.

A nonymous

Reaction score
To be honest Mickha the first i knew about the channel closing down was on the news the other day. Thanks for the pointer, although i doubt what ever i say will make any difference anyway as the public school boys will have already made up their mind. I hope to be away from the UK soon anyway so what the BBC do will be irrelevant to me either way you look at it.

I was starting to think freeview wasn't too bad until they pulled this stunt.

Nano

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If moving abroad, then surely the BBC moving to internet streaming will be a good way for you to keep viewing, especially as most countries seem to have better internet speeds than the UK, and given the way channels are moving towards spot beams.
As mentioned, I haven't watched any British television for some time, but I do listen to radio 1xtra, which is where I heard about the BBC Trust online feedback regarding the future of the BBC.
I like most of the music on 1xtra, but tend to hate the DJ's and the poor quality news. I was even forced to turn off today, due to the constant mentioning of International Womens Day, tomorrow, and how all shows will be hosted and run, by women, on radio 1 and 1xtra. This seemed to be mentioned following every song, at least the few they played !!!!!!!!!!

Check the BBC Trust website and the online petition the BBC repeatedly mentions as their lead news story. Yesterday, they claimed to already have over 60,000 signatures and seemed determined to save the channel, if only to get more funding.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Some of my friends aren't happy. They live out in the sticks and are lucky to get 1meg, there's no way you'll be able to use the iPlayer vod feature or stream. They'll have to sit and wait for the programmes to download.