become launch Express-AT1 and Express-AT2

solly

Specialist Contributor
My Location
Tel Aviv, Israel
new date launch 15 march
will be launch proton roket

satellite delivery to baikonor

 
at1-wide-fixed-ku.webp

at1-east-ku.webp

The updated footprints of Express AT 1 (56° E) .
 
Wide spot catch well in the eastern part of Europe,with a relatively strong signal. It receives only three transponders.
 

Attachments

  • 11996 H,12034 H,12073 H-signal.webp
    11996 H,12034 H,12073 H-signal.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.21_23h59m18s_006_.webp
    Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.21_23h59m18s_006_.webp
    129.3 KB · Views: 77
That's an impressive wide high power beam. It's rather annoying that I can't physically see further east than 31E so I miss out on the majority of the Russian satellites which spill over into Finland.
 
In areas where the signal is strong enough,it can receive spot Wide even with Universal LNB linear.We have to admit that it's an advantage to be able to use an lnb linear and not the circular,as is advisable for this satellite.
The signal from the spot Wide is at the limit in my fringe area and yet with 1.5 m dish I've been locked.The strongest signal is on 12073 V,and the weakest is on 11996 V.Being in Qpsk,11804 V is catching even with smaller dish in my area although the signal is the lowest of all transponders from Wide spot.Worth trying!
 

Attachments

  • 56E-IF LNB liniar(Universal).webp
    56E-IF LNB liniar(Universal).webp
    144.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 56.0E-signal from Wide spot.webp
    56.0E-signal from Wide spot.webp
    100.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 56.0E-Smart DVB  [LNB linear(Universal)].webp
    56.0E-Smart DVB [LNB linear(Universal)].webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 97
Fifth transponder 11958L in wide beam was switched on today on Express-AT1.
 
In NL it's hopeless, sometimes reaches 1 dB and that's it. On linear LNB that is.
In comparison, neighbour Yamal 402 Northern Beam is peanuts!

Makes me wonder, why Yamal 402 and Express AT1 are not co-locating a little closer?
Surely in Russia people must be trying to catch both on one LNB, it's so sub-optimal!
 
Last edited:
They are probably for different markets, hence the difference. The circular polarisation is back from analogue days when Bonum1 was at 36e under a different name.

I wonder how much extra signal you would get with a proper circular LNB. Maybe stick a plastic card in to check?
 
Because the opposite polarisation is not used near the Wide beam transponders, a linear LNB should suffice. Like satesco mentioned. Hence a dielectric insert won't do much.

In the Eastern half of Germany, a 120 cm dish is enough already for reception.
 
I did have a look a while back but nothing noted here on an offset lnb on the 1.1m aimed at 46E.

I shall be taking the 1.1m dish down in the near future for garden renovations so I'll have another go when I re rig it.

Ive managed to install it exactly where a wall needs to go to sort the nasty slope out between the upper and lower parts of the garden :D However the need to move the dish back a few feet does mean I'll have a chance to set the pole up properly vertical so I can have a play with a motor (if I ever get "a round tooit"..... )
 
By the way, only the following frequencies have potential to be received in UK, as they are on the wide beam:

11727 L
11766 L
11804 L
11843 L
11958 L
11996 L
12034 L
12073 L

I am guessing you might need a large dish indeed (2.4m?) to get these but... never know! Also, this is circular polarity, so not sure how much loss using a linear LNB introduces...
 
Thanks Nelson.

Annoying really - there isn't a single pay package I can currently receive from Russia. Platforma HD was my saviour a few years ago but that folded due to competition. The closest I have is Viasat Baltic, which carries some Russian channels but it's not the same. I am now able to receive MagtiSat on Astra 5B, so am considering a sub for that - but might not be worth it as you can only have so many versions of Discovery...

Oh well...
 
By the way, only the following frequencies have potential to be received in UK, as they are on the wide beam:

11727 L
11766 L
11804 L
11843 L
11958 L
11996 L
12034 L
12073 L

I am guessing you might need a large dish indeed (2.4m?) to get these but... never know! Also, this is circular polarity, so not sure how much loss using a linear LNB introduces...

Where can I get a left/right lnb for this sort of thing?
 
Where can I get a left/right lnb for this sort of thing?

Well, in Russia they are sold on every street corner for £5... But I've never seen it anywhere else. You simply put a small plastic card inside your current LNB throat at 45 degree angle to convert it but according to hvdh, it's not necessary to have one - though I am sure you'd benefit anyway.
 
Well, in Russia they are sold on every street corner for £5... But I've never seen it anywhere else. You simply put a small plastic card inside your current LNB throat at 45 degree angle to convert it but according to hvdh, it's not necessary to have one - though I am sure you'd benefit anyway.
Ah like we do in c-band lnb's,

What can the card be made from?
 
Back
Top