become launch Express-AT1 and Express-AT2

Or I have some inverto 23mm lnb's they are ment to have a dielectric plate inside them. I could try that?
 
I understand AT1 is interesting now because of several FTA programmes, according Lyngsat...
And I like to encourage your attempts further West, when some eastern sat makes it here in NL...
But like I said in this thread, it was, and still is, hopeless!
Checking all wide beam transponders, gives a few convulsions in the dB reading only, a lock is still far far away.
 
hvdh - were you able to receive DirecTV 1R when it was active? Pride21 did receive it on this 1.5m Gibby and he's much further west than you are.
 
CJ: no, with DirecTV-1R and Bonum-1 it was quite similar to AT1 now: peaks visible in spectrum and very small dB readings.
Though that was just on the 100 cm Triax, instead of the 120 cm Laminas now.
 
Or I have some inverto 23mm lnb's they are ment to have a dielectric plate inside them. I could try that?

Pretty sure 23mm LNBs have the same throat as 40mm ones, so why not.. I found some circular LNBs here. It's all in Russian but I can probably get one if you really want it...
 
There's a pattern, that when I say something is hopeless, people want to try it even more. :D
So at least, you will have LNB's to properly receive data transponders of the seriously inclined AMC-14 @ 29.5° East!
 
hi CJ tried this sat today with plate in 12437R is the strongest with 52% quality no lock followed by 12360R 51% quality then 12073L and 12034L at 41-42% quality also 11996L and 11958L both around 37% quality all no lock,i wonder if someone could tell me what the minimum signal is for it to lock on the Direct TV 1 I could lock two at 50% and 40% quality.
 
Of DirecTV-1R, you received 12384L (50%) and 12443L (40%), both were QPSK 3/4, that has threshold 4.0 dB.

Now, 12437R (52%) and 12360R (51%) both are QPSK 5/6, threshold 5.2 dB.
The other four L transponders you mention are all 8PSK 3/4, threshold 7.9 dB.

I think the two R transponders must be very close to lock, 40% was enough for FEC 3/4, and you already are above 50% with FEC 5/6.

(Assuming Flysat data is correct).

Over here, there's even hardly any peaks on these two. There must be a sidelobe towards you, while here I'm in the null area.
 
Last edited:
hi hvdh thanks for the info its been raining this morning and strong winds I will give it a go when its a bit calmer
 
Here's the estimated footprint map over Germany posted on one of Russian forums.

4e8618e7279a.webp
 
Has any of the Russian members an idea what is going on with AT2 at 139.9° East?
Almost 5 months after arrival there, both Flysat and Lyngsat still list nothing.
 
Not a satellite I am interested in because it's waaaay below the horizon of even my home in Russia, let alone in UK. Will scour some Russian forums tomorrow for some information.
 
Had a look but no-one knows anything concrete. Some people are saying it won't be "active" until next year but without official information, it's difficult to say...
 
Back
Top