best free to air sports channels please help

smartypants69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus laptop
My Location
eastbourne
i am looking to install a motorised dish at home am mainly interested in sports but not interested in subscribing any tips on best channels to receive sports (preferably english, but too bothered) and what satellite their on
thanks tom

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Eurosport (Digital with German audio; Analogue with English audio option) on 19.2E

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres very little sport available fta in English. Whatever is on the BBC & ITV channels of course on 28E & the aforementioned Eurosport in analogue only on 19E until April 2012 anyway

Sport 1 & Eurosport both from Germany are available fta in German in digital - 19E.

The full list is here:

-http://en.kingofsat.net/find2.php?pos=&cl=&num_pays=&num_genre=3&num_crypt=1&num_standard=&ordre=freq

several of these are difficult to get in the UK so dont get too excited!.

You will see some channels listed as clear/scrambled - these encrypt for sports coverage! :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you coud post the sports you are interested in then other posters could narrow down the choices.

(A ladies jelly wrestling channel is probably the nirvana of most)

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
The good things are (a) you are having a motorised set up and (b) you are not too bothered about English audio. In reality, since we are talking about stuff that is "free" (properly, FTA), there is quite a decent amount of goodies yet. It is a question of, firstly, what you want then knowing your way around the arc and where to find stuff using e.g. kingofsat mentioned above among others including liveonsat for football (etc) and satelliweb for feeds.

At the moment we get one saturday 3PM match every week on 7e; a decent amount of live Championship football on 12w, some UEFA Champions league (wherever/whenever), a lot of Tennis on 13e, 19e, 7w and several on feeds; a decent amount of boxing e.g. on 19e and a whole host of sporting events/activities from various far and 'wonderful' places.

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Analoguesat said:
You will see some channels listed as clear/scrambled - these encrypt for sports coverage! :D

Some of them are easy to get around with a few presses of the remote ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
fergyc said:
Some of them are easy to get around with a few presses of the remote ;)

I know that & you know that, but I was keeping it simple for noobs. And the original post does say fta channels.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Analoguesat said:
I know that & you know that, but I was keeping it simple for noobs. And the original post does say fta channels.

I don't know, we still get a few noobs coming on here and thinking they can open everything with keys. Mind you, I was like that once!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
5 years ago you could open more or less anything none Sky with a bit of code :D

staffsmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD, 90 CM Dish
My Location
Staffordshire
fergyc said:
I don't know, we still get a few noobs coming on here and thinking they can open everything with keys. Mind you, I was like that once!

Is that the BISS keys you are talking about there?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No - 5years ago we could open almost all the pay tv services with various bits of code. Many newcomers to the hobby seem to think thats still the case. Some of them are most disappointed that its no longer possible :D

staffsmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Staffordshire
Sounds like I got into all this a few years too late - sounded like it must have been fun to see what you could get. Are there any channels you can still get with a few bits of code? :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ORF on 19E can still be opened if you can find the keys for it - you wont get them here though.

staffsmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Staffordshire
So if you have said keys - then is it a case of simply typing them in with a remote control or do you need one of these blank cards they sell on sites and a card writer to make it all happen?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mainly just inputting the code direct into the receiver. Not all receivers can do it and even if you have a receiver that can do it you often have to load different software onto it.