Best image for VU+ Duo Twin DVB-S2 ?

SKY2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
My Location
denmark
Which image should I install for my new VU+ Duo Twin DVB-S2?

And since I just got it today, how exactly do I install or flash it, using USB key right?

Let me know.

thankyou very much.

dmgp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Superjack positioner, VU+Duo,Eagle, 1.2 Wineguard mesh dish
My Location
Berks
The latest image is the VIX one there are several others including PLI and VTI , the dreamelite team have 'ceased trading' at the moment. Try them all and do a lot of reading. All you have to do is download the USB version, 3 files onto a pen drive, there is a vu folder and a duo folder. Insert into vu, reboot and it will all install up to the install wizard bit, and you take it from there.

mmcmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800s
My Location
uk
If you want wlan support it will have to be vti 1.3 or v2.0 if your not bothered or dont use wlan vix is the one for you iam currently on vti 1.3 and like dmgp said whichever iamge u choose there will be a usb file for a pen and nfi file is using rs232/lan if u go usb make sure it goes in the front usb and not back and enjoy your duo

Lammy1961

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
UK
I'm currently using the VTI 1.3.....And It's very stable, if I were to change I would probably go for the latest VIX image after hearing so many good reports.

didineedthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box DM800 / Vu+ Duo
My Location
UK
Lammy1961 said:
I'm currently using the VTI 1.3.....And It's very stable, if I were to change I would probably go for the latest VIX image after hearing so many good reports.

I am using the VIX 1.3 image on my VU+ Duo and it is the most stable image i have ever used, i normally go for the Dream Elite but i am very impressed with the VIX image, no green screens so far, unlike the dream Elite on my DM800

A nonymous

Reaction score
I've been using Blackhole on my Vu+ Duo. No complaints yet :D

My only bugbear is the fact that none of the images seem to have DISEqC 1.2 control like the DM Enigma 1 images have. You have to use USALS. OK if your dish is bang on for each sat, but if its slightly out it can be a right pain.

Nano

mrbean_2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion
My Location
Bradford
Wow - no screens...?

All i seem to get is green screens, box restarts and then looses settings... and yes I am using same image.
It even tells me "no space" on the logs following a crash - even though the memory is only 25% utilised.

I must say, im new to this box and i am still messing....

I really hope that my £300 was well spent...sure it was...

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nanochickin said:
My only bugbear is the fact that none of the images seem to have DISEqC 1.2 control like the DM Enigma 1 images have. You have to use USALS.
I don't know what you mean by this but it is certainly not true they only have USALS. Setup is a piece of cake. Easiest thing you can do is just retrieve the positions from your 7020 and enter them in the Duo.

Typical DiSEqC 1.2 config if you don't have any DiSEqC switches in line would be:

menu -> setup -> service searching -> tuner configuration -> tuner A

Config Mode -> Advanced
Satellite -> 28ºE
LNB ->lnb1
Priority -> auto
LOF -> universal
DiSEqC mode -> 1.2
Use usals for this sat -> no
Stored position -> 018

018 is my position number for 28ºE. Yours will be whatever you stored in the motor using your Dreambox. Now go back and change the satellite and enter the position number for that satellite. Do that on every satellite and you are good to go. Dreambox 800 works pretty much the same as this.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
huevos, is that method also used for 36volt motors using a vbox to the vu+ duo ?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
wod said:
huevos, is that method also used for 36volt motors using a vbox to the vu+ duo ?
Wod, as far as the receiver is concerned there is no difference between a DiSEqC 1.2 motor and a v-box controlled motor. In both cases the receiver sends a position number up the co-ax to be interpreted by whatever controls the motor. With the v-box it is even easier though because you can use your remote to store the positions and then transfer them to the receiver afterwards. That means if you have a meter with spectrum you can sweep across the arc with the v-box with the meter connected (not the receiver) and whenever you hit a satellite store the position in the v-box. Then all you have to do is transfer those position numbers to the tuner config of the receiver.

BTW, in your case you can just grab your position numbers from the Vantage (from the motor setting menu) and enter those numbers in the Duo.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I know what your saying Huevos but what if you haven't used the motor before and theres nothing stored.

I don't particulary like using USALS i prefer using DISEqC comands, what i was saying is that there is no real way of setting up using DISEqC in the same way as the Enigma1 DM images. Other than that little gripe i think its a fantastic box now that i've figured it all out :D

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nanochickin said:
I know what your saying Huevos but what if you haven't used the motor before and theres nothing stored.
I was just saying what I think is the easiest way to do it... but... if you only have the Duo and a new motor you just do: menu -> setup -> service searching -> positioner setup. Then you enter the details of your reference transponder and go east/west until you hit it. Then you give it a number and save it. Now it is saved in the motor with that number.

redout

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Using the new Vix 3.2.2 and cant fault it - great epg support also.

Blackhole also released a new image on sunday.