newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
What is the best and safest image to install on the D500, mine has gemini which was been on there for around 3.5 years and as far as I know the box aint a clone, I got it from a UK dealer.

aamir007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC: Intel Quad Core 2.55 ghz 4gb ram Nvdia Gforce 7900
PS3
Dream Box 500\518\800
My Location
West Yorkshire, UK
If you have Gemini on then just leave it at that its pretty much the best.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'd give Powerboard Enigma VX a go. I've had it running on my DM500 clone and its spot on. Its been on my dBox even longer :-jumpsmile

Its stable as you like and more importantly it has a fully functioning addons server, so you don't have to mess around trying to find the correct files to install the cams :D

I wouldn't use a Gemini image on a DM500 period. Just because you got the box from a UK dealer it still can't 100% guarentee that its a genuine pukka DM500.

If you wan't to take the risk of bricking your box by all means try the newest Gemini image. It is a good image, but after the trick that team pulled with the timebomb i wouldn't touch one of their images with a bargepole.

:-beer

Nano

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
nanochickin said:
I'd give Powerboard Enigma VX a go. I've had it running on my DM500 clone and its spot on. Its been on my dBox even longer :-jumpsmile

Its stable as you like and more importantly it has a fully functioning addons server, so you don't have to mess around trying to find the correct files to install the cams :D

I wouldn't use a Gemini image on a DM500 period. Just because you got the box from a UK dealer it still can't 100% guarentee that its a genuine pukka DM500.

If you wan't to take the risk of bricking your box by all means try the newest Gemini image. It is a good image, but after the trick that team pulled with the timebomb i wouldn't touch one of their images with a bargepole.

:-beer

Nano

Many thanks for the advice, at the moment mine isn't booting (just sticks on GP logo as I think me doing a factory reset messed up gemini!) I am 99.9% that mine isn't a clone but as you say not worth the risk. It has been so long since I flashed gemini from stock firmware I can't remember what I did, all I can remember is using an old laptop with some sort of serial cable thing! Can you tell me the best way of flashing please?

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
Almost done, got the dreambox box out of the loft and the null modem cable was in there :) and my old laptop had the connection, that was lucky! Just backed up the image with dreamup and now flashing Powerboard Enigma VX, 9 minutes and counting to complete!

newgen2005

Dream-Believer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG 60" 3D Plasma TV
Thomson SKY+ HD
My Location
Guernsey Channel Islands
All done, great image too.

Thanks again nanochickin :)