Best Lnb for an offset 1.80m dish

hi geoffrey
you can get that lnb in a satellite shop on levinsky 87(tl: 0524506028, levi) or in a shop called antenot israel on derer ha'agana 29(tl:035370245) ha lnb ha wachor im ha rosh ha tzahov mi telran. try to get also the quad version it gives you more stability on signal but it is a bit less powerful than the singel. concerning the two txps(12480V and the 12422h)of cause i don't watch them since i do't have the card but if i compare them to the txp of cnn europe(12051v ) or the one with itvi quad(12402v) they have the same signal quality with the former two. so i can assume that they are watchable
 
by the way geoffrey i've made a comparaison test with that summit lnb and the invacom nf o.3 db.the black summit with a yellow cap from telran beat the invacom by far.i couldn't get the 12480v,12422h,12050v or the 12402v
 
mobutu said:
hi geoffrey
you can get that lnb in a satellite shop on levinsky 87(tl: 0524506028, levi) or in a shop called antenot israel on derer ha'agana 29(tl:035370245) ha lnb ha wachor im ha rosh ha tzahov mi telran. try to get also the quad version it gives you more stability on signal but it is a bit less powerful than the singel. concerning the two txps(12480V and the 12422h)of cause i don't watch them since i do't have the card but if i compare them to the txp of cnn europe(12051v ) or the one with itvi quad(12402v) they have the same signal quality with the former two. so i can assume that they are watchable

Mobutu
Hi again and thanks for the information.
I found today that E4 and the other 12480V channels are actually coming in fine - there was some sort of problem with my Sky HD Box - either the connector or tuner (or early signs of the infamous power supply problems). The situation regarding the LNBs remains the same - the Titanium gives Sky2 for more hours than the other LNBs.
 
mobutu said:
by the way geoffrey i've made a comparaison test with that summit lnb and the invacom nf o.3 db.the black summit with a yellow cap from telran beat the invacom by far.i couldn't get the 12480v,12422h,12050v or the 12402v
Mobutu - hi again.
Do you have the part number of the Telran Black Summit with yellow cap? I have been looking on the Telran web site and can not see it.
 
Put a Black Ultra on it. If you can't find one I could post one to you. The difference it would make is incredible. You've got 1000s invested in that dish, so why not put a decent LNB on it "for a few dollars more"?
 
I tried a Black Ultra on my 1.2 ChannelMaster dish earlier in this thread ! I found then that the Invacom with ChannelMaster feed was better.
 
hi geoffrey
the part number is(universal singel lnb :300101) but you have to tell them about the color since you have another lnb on sale with the same product number.by the way, i wanted to try the inverto black ultra on 28E and 19E can you help me organizing one?for the receiver, i almost get the same result with all them(visionet fs-3100,2100hd the best,topfield tf7700hdpvr,topfield tf7700hsci......).i get stable signal signal 24/7 it even increases from 4pm upwards.after reading your post i'm tempted to believe in what a old russian installer told me.he said that concerning lnbs"don't believe klum untill you test it yo'self" and it makes me rember of my 500 shekel (150$) invacom i bought locally and the 50 shekel lnb(15$)
 
Mobutu - Hi
The Inverto Black Ultra came from Southern Satellite - via eBay.
 
geoffrey said:
Mobutu - Hi
The Inverto Black Ultra came from Southern Satellite - via eBay.
I have now compared the Inverto Black Ultra and Smart Titanium on the 2.4m dish - picture of Inverto at peak position shown below - and have found that the Smart is better. With the Inverto I cannot get Sky 2 and 3 and with the Smart (for some of the day) I can.
 

Attachments

  • Inverto-Black-Ultra.webp
    Inverto-Black-Ultra.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 61
geoffrey said:
I have now compared the Inverto Black Ultra and Smart Titanium on the 2.4m dish - picture of Inverto at peak position shown below - and have found that the Smart is better. With the Inverto I cannot get Sky 2 and 3 and with the Smart (for some of the day) I can.
Where the Black Ultra really out performs the Smart is the low end of lo-band (i.e. Astra 2D) which is normally what people are looking for.
 
i have to stress that my reception is done with a 130 sm offset dish
 

Attachments

  • IMGA0125.webp
    IMGA0125.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMGA0124.webp
    IMGA0124.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGA0123.webp
    IMGA0123.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMGA0122.webp
    IMGA0122.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMGA0121.webp
    IMGA0121.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGA0117.webp
    IMGA0117.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMGA0114.webp
    IMGA0114.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGA0126.webp
    IMGA0126.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGA0127.webp
    IMGA0127.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMGA0128.webp
    IMGA0128.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 39
Excellent!

Thanks for those.
 
Zorba said:
Talking of lnb's for offsets, I have been trying different lnbs to improve a signal for a 1.5m offset. I usually put the blue straight mti but this cutomer is out of range and I was trying to improve the high frequencies for itv and ch4 (12.402V and 12.480V) and Five(12.422H).I tried the skybuster,black slim inverto,twin white mti,twin white technomate. And the winner was the yellow twin technomate. The rest got a pixilating ch4(12.480V) but the technomate had it working crystal clear but none of them improved 12.422H for ch five. I will go back soon and try the 4way yellow technomate.

I Live in Bologna Italy ,Now I use a Humax freesat + and occasionally an older Pace Sky digibox without sky card .The most important satellite for me is The 2d ASTRA because I have got Menières Syndrome and I can't hear correctly .so.I need the subtitles ..I have an Emmeesse 1,50 cm dish...I tried different lnbs,even the Invacom twin LNB,but I've got the best results with a lot cheaper Lnb...The Humax 121 Twin LNB 0,2db...Usually I can watch all the channel 24/24 ...often I have problems only with ITV3 and ITV3+1 at night ,that are the weakest channels for me...Sometimes I had problems with Itv1 ,and at The end i Found That ITV Wales is a bit stronger than the others regionals ITVs so,I Changed the default postal code .
No problems with Hd channels that are a bit stronger than the usual sd channels..unfortunately ITV HD has no subtitles..(Why?)/ There' another strange thing..I can't Watch some channel on the Humax Freeview...2 CBS channels and Euronews that on the Pace digibox are perfect..Anybody knows Why? ..Thanks Luciano..
 
Hi Luciano. Do you have problems with CBS Reality (not +1) and Action? Where I am Action is slightly off the other transponders, and if I adjust dish to get a good signal on that it messes up my 2D channels. Also try retuning your box as Euronews has just changed frequencies, so you may get it now.
 
Back
Top