Not open for further replies.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
hi m8!
yes I have an interest in Russian channles (mainly for my wife and I watch them as well even not so often) and I'd like to see if I can get this signal at all - so it is both :).

There are not many of Russian Satellite packages Broadcasting on Europe (UK) and I have all of them already 53e, 13e, 4.8e and few other channels from other sats like 9e and 0.8w.... The problem with them quality of Movies or Entertainment programs is really far from best.... I think on Xtra there are few decent channels I really like to watch..... Besides they have a decent Football channels as well, but I'm more interested In Movies and Entertainment....... If I will get stable signal for Xtra tv I could order subscription for really cheap (Xtra tv is very tolerant to payment methods)

I know some people are silly enough to get Kartina TV (IPTV) - but that is absolute "mickey mouse" "company". They are not registered as a business in any country, they do not have any broadcasting rights, Channels line up is crap.

P.S
F3 - is a very good value for money and easy to use..... really difficult to say anything bad about this box when the price is around 50 quid, what other 1080p box you can get for that money? :)
but from so far both Cuberevo and DM have a bit better tuner + you can get proper EPG + other support (smth non existent on F3)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
And I was going to suggest Kartina :(

Actually, it's not that bad. It has a decent number of real federal channels (not international stuff) and the quality is quite comparable to SD channels on satellite. When Platforma on 9E disappeared, I tried out Sovok TV, Rodnoe TV and Kartina. Sovok is OK and is very cheap (3 Euros a month) but not as reliable. There are plugins for Enigma2 boxes for these IPTV providers, so you can watch them directly from your sat receiver :)

They are all a bit dodgy but they do work.

But before you do all that, give it a go with the Gibby 1.25m dish - you should get some channels then. There's also Viasat Ukraina on 5E easily receivable in UK and if you have contacts in Ukraine, you can get a subscription for it. I am sure you can find it online as well.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
Hi Guys!
I have a good news, bad news and ugly news :)

The good - WS INTERNATIONAL ESX524U has arrived
The bad - it is absolute CRAP! even ROSS beats it on every frequency! ROSS gives AGC 9db more then WS int ESX524U..... NEVER BUY THIS CRAP!

THE UGLY - AFTER TESTING SHITTY WS INTERNATIONAL ESX524U AND FIXING BACK MTI HIGHLINE BY ACCIDENT I PULLED DISH DISH ARM DOWN A BIT OUT OF FOCUS, MY METER WAS CONNECTED - THEN ALL THE SUDDEN STRONG SIGNAL ON 11258H APPEARED!
First at all I thought my dish is out of align or focal point is simply wrong..... but after double checking everything dish alignment was ok and focal point was also correct. because the signal was drooping on other TPs .
For example on 11572H it dropped both snr and agc about 7-10db.

Anyway I decided to bent a dish arm a bit down and most definitely brought it out of focus.
For now even "crappy" F3 tuner gives snr86/ agc 60 (sorry I forgot to take meter readings). signal is quite strong only sometimes it brakes and is watchable.
so far I have only thoughts but not certain explanations

* - there are amos 2 and 3. 11572H is on amos 2 / 11258H is on Amos 3 and the sats are just too much apart?

anyway when I have more time I will do proper spectral scan

another bad news delivery of Gibertini 1.25 is delayed too much.... I have a feeling I have to cancel my purchase and order it elsewhere.... It means it will take more time

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Thanks for reports. Keep these coming. Shame the Gibby has been delayed. Some appear on eBay now and again but also cheap Channel Masters 1.2m show up too (probably more often than Gibbies).

BTW, you should ignore the AGC (auto gain control) reading as it will show you a reading even with the dish pointing into the ground. You should concentrate on SNR one instead. In fact, I don't even know why they bother putting "AGC" on most receivers - I have never had any need for it.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
hi!
just for update....

right now I've been monitoring for the whole day and evening 11258H. using Cuberevo 9000..... Signal is stable, not braking, if using F3 brakes sometimes but still good, I'm really happy with it
so this is not smth like temporary reception even weather is a bit cloudy right now

still no luck with 11222H
11336H locks and looses every 2-3 secs - not watchable.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
hi!
I have a good and bad news:
*the good - Gibertini has arrived.
the first bad news is a have a flu and I can do some tests when I feel better.
second bad news I will not publish it here but elsewhere .... for the several reasons:
1 it's really difficult to publish using this forum software
2 I do not like fighting, but this what I had to do here in few topics.... I do not think my post are any appreciated..... sorry I'm just logging off for indefinite time
thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
May as well closer this topic as well if you dont want to contribute any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.