Best Satellites for English Sports in Jordan

nbulos

Member
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic DSB30 with 2.5M dish
My Location
Jordan
My husband and I until recently had a sky subscription. Our old digibox gave out and the replacement we bought on Ebay can't read our sky card so we are now looking to alternatives. The key thing is to be able to watch English sports (English Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup) other football involving English teams (Champions League, European Championships) and Rugby Union (not so important until the start of the season in September).

I know that Jazeera Sports shows some games (European Championship) and ART currently shows English Premiership and Champions League. The problem with these is that the commentary is in Arabic. I also know that South African TV shows a lot of the English sports, but am not sure how I could get set up with SA Tv (I think their system is DSTv) in Jordan. We are happy to pay for a subscription if we could get sports.

Any thoughts on how to get DSTv outside Africa or any other satellites we could tune into (and how to get decorders/cards) for them?
 
ART commentary is in English, you need to select the language, but they will be losing at least some, possibly all of the matches next season.

The new rights holder is Showtime, but this should be easy for you to receive and will hopefully also have english audio.
 
theres also digitalb but not sure about the footprint of 16east will spread that far
 
You will find that you will need 1.8/2.0Mtr dish for this in jordan its fine here on 90cm in Fethiye South West Turkey where as from here get all channels from Nile sat On a 90Cm

Gary
 
Back
Top