BetaCrypt 2 for ORF?

N

net1

In spite of Premiere, German digital package, which has announced the end of BetaCrypt encryption for this package, the Austrian ORF package is still using this encryption simultaneously with Nagravision and CryptoWorks. However, there are a proposals to replace completely hacked BetaCrypt by its newest BetaCrypt 2 version for ORF Digital.

The owners of BetaCrypt encryption are not going to surrender! They could not managed to convince German Premiere package to choose new BetaCrypt 2, because Premiere has already exchanged encryption to new version of Swiss Nagravision. Austrian ORF Digital, which continues encryption in old BetaCrypt has received a proposal from the new owner of BetaCrypt encryption - Comvenient GmbH & CO.KG company based in Munchen, to exchange it to newest, better secured and protected against hackers version.

ORF Digital, which broadcasts from Astra 19,2E satellite is to start a tests of new BetaCrypt 2 encryption already within few weeks. This mean, that piracy of that package can soon ends. Mr.Mathias Bendull and Mr.Hubert Kukla, the Comvenient GmbH & CO.KG directors have confirmed, that they will installed BetaCrypt 2 for ORF Digital package.

Floh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5400 CI+ USB,
60cm Mesh Dish,
Universal LNB.
My Location
Buckinghamshire, UK
Shit. Does this mean the end of watching ORF?
I have already lost a number of German Channels (most recently Premiere Sport1 & 2), but thought this was due to a change in keys rather than encryption method (I am using FreeCam2 V0.15).
Can anyone tell me what the latest version of the FreeCam2 is and, is it worth my while updating my cam with this?
Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't matter what you update to, you won't now get Premiere, the latest versions though are 2.018 Mascetti and 2.019, I find that the Mascetti version is the most reliable and is available in Toecutter's Freecam section.

paytv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
schreiner
where decrypred on the Betacrypt2??????

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This thread is from nearly 5 years ago! (Look at the date stamps on the earlier posts....)

Anyway, ORF is switching off its heavily hacked Betacrypt in the near future.