SEOShamsher
Member
- My Satellite Setup
- Past setup:
• 8-ft dish covering 68.5°E, 75.0°E (Ku), 78.5°E, 83.5°E, 90.0°E, 93.5°E (Ku), 100°E, 105.5°E, 115.0°E
• 6-ft dish at 49.0°E
• Receivers: COSHIP CDVB2000B, Dish TV Zinga
Current status:
Sold all equipment — want to start again from scratch.
- My Location
- Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Hey everyone,
I was browsing around and saw that earth station dishes can go up to like 21 meters… and honestly started imagining what kind of crazy performance those monsters must have kind of became a fantasy to try one for a few weeks.
So I thought I’d ask people here who’ve actually used bigger dishes — maybe 4m to 8m or even larger.
Curious to hear from folks who’ve really pushed the limits on weak east fringe / low elevation satellites.
What’s the biggest dish you’ve personally tested?
I was browsing around and saw that earth station dishes can go up to like 21 meters… and honestly started imagining what kind of crazy performance those monsters must have kind of became a fantasy to try one for a few weeks.
So I thought I’d ask people here who’ve actually used bigger dishes — maybe 4m to 8m or even larger.
Curious to hear from folks who’ve really pushed the limits on weak east fringe / low elevation satellites.
What’s the biggest dish you’ve personally tested?
- Dish size?
- Band (Ku / C)?
- How much real performance gain did you see as you went bigger?
- Is there a sweet spot where going bigger stops giving noticeable improvement?
- At what size do returns start to diminish?
- How much difference did they actually make?
- Any known record attempts or well-known satellite hunters who pushed huge dishes for weak signals?

