Bizarre ..silly ..or Just Plain Daft ?

Who needs a Launch vehicle if your meccano set is big enough ....................... We watched the Wallace & Gromit Prom on Monday and they had a clip of Gromit trying to catch a runaway toy train by riding a locomotive on a parallel track that he was building in real time by laying sections as fast as poss. directly in front of the loco.

(If I were Channel Hopper, I'd have found a suitable Clip to Post by now!)
 
Currently in work ..distant thunder rumbling & vertical hard rain.....gutters at the camber edges of the roads several inches deep in water ...skies black ...but then it is summer for another week..
I expect that hole/sump I dug will be almost full when I get home..
Doh!!


.....the Thunder is close now ...Lightning visible even through the thick black cloud...
We're Doomed ....Doomed I tell ya'
 
Time to climb that Scaffold To Mars.
 
Tivù said:
Time to climb that Scaffold To Mars.

...Not 'till the lightning stops m8 ....
I know my luck ....Can't win the lottery ..but sure as hell would get struck ..before I'd got more than a few yards of the ground..
cest la vie
 
Aye - and don't forget it's chilly up there, so an extra T-Short would be de rigeur.
 
Tivù said:
Aye - and don't forget it's chilly up there, so an extra T-Short would be de rigeur.

I'd take some earplugs too....I hear NASA left that will.i.am track on loop....
 
Dratted Forum Software - looks like your Post was truncated, Sonnetpete

I suspect you were trying to say "NASA left that will.i.am track on loopaper"
 
Tivù said:
(If I were Channel Hopper, I'd have found a suitable Clip to Post by now!)

Like this ?

[video=youtube;vlOGJhVbhrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlOGJhVbhrs&feature=related[/video]
 
Good one - I knew you wouldn't let the side down.
 
Brighter and dryer this morning ..so have been out doing a bit ..

Full of a cold which makes the job harder.

Plugged the pole with expanding foam ..

and started the infill ..having set the pole vertical..

Tea break time ..so a couple of pics..

rgds

VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0083.webp
    DSCF0083.webp
    190.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0084.webp
    DSCF0084.webp
    173.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0085.webp
    DSCF0085.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 73
..coming along nicely ..

concrete almost set ..

more slabs lifted to allow the cables conduit ...


Yet to dig a trench and sink this ..but will probably be done this evening ..

Just letting the pipe solvent/cement do its job first ..then I can get back to re-instating the surface..

rgds

VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0094.webp
    DSCF0094.webp
    177.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0095.webp
    DSCF0095.webp
    185.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF0096.webp
    DSCF0096.webp
    164.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0098.webp
    DSCF0098.webp
    177.9 KB · Views: 48
Saves having to mow the lawn.
 
Vipersan said:
Just letting the pipe solvent/cement do its job first ..then I can get back to re-instating the surface..

I trust you have already fitted the draw wire inside.
 
...well spotted CH ...
and the answer is ...no..
An obvious mistake ..but I got round it without taking the pipes apart..
Quiz time ...see if anyone comes up with the same solution I did

..took me around 10 minutes to do..
;)
rgds
VS
 
I'd just shove the cable in and shake the whole assembly for the cable to drop at the other end...
 
Captain Jack said:
I'd just shove the cable in and shake the whole assembly for the cable to drop at the other end...
Sorry CJ ...that sadly doesn't work as it trouble negotiating the right angles ..

Time to tell how I did it I guess ..
a cork about an inch diameter was used with a hole through it ..
the guide wire then passed through the cork and knotted ..
Fed into the tube this would do little on its own ..so a good wad of toilet tissue packed behind it like wadding in a cannon ..
You can see where this is going ..
water pressure courtesy of the lake district was then used to blow the cork and wadding ..through the pipe till it emerged t'other end ...
Anyone who has had a blocked drain ..will be familiar with this method..
;)
rgds
VS
 
So, no tame shrews in your neck of the woods then?
 
...Not long now ..

I shall be popping the gibby on the pole 'fixed' until I decide which way to go re the motor system ..

..but at least the _groundwork_ (pardon the pun...) is almost done ..

White hell with the all the dust ..and much cleaning up tomorrow..

But the conduit/cabling is in ..and the patio paving slabs re-layed.

I knackered and have earned a long soak in the bath ..

c u later mates..

VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0099.webp
    DSCF0099.webp
    116.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0100.webp
    DSCF0100.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 65
Shouldn't need it CJ ..but there is always the option should it become neccessary ..
The Pole /Mount and 1.8pf stood mounted in exactly the same way for over 20 years without moving at all ...until the pole literally rusted through.
..and that lot was considerably heavier...
rgds
VS
 
Back
Top