Bizarre ..silly ..or Just Plain Daft ?

Quick test with the TD110 ..SES5 11264V

Constellation image from the TBS card ..

..and no the TBS card refuses to lock for a scan ..

So switched to the good old F15 ..which locked it no probs at 8db..

Which just shows how good the tuner is in the F15

I'll get around to trying Neil at some point..

rgds

VS
 

Attachments

  • 11264v ses5 TD110 TBS card.webp
    11264v ses5 TD110 TBS card.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0113.webp
    DSCF0113.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 28
Just checked both 36E and 5E here, using Crazyscan to report S/N Iraqi Sports is 13.4dB but the SSB is down at 5.2dB, on 5E the test transponder is 9dB, Viasat HD test and in Videoguard/NDS encryption according to Dream.
 

Attachments

  • 11264.webp
    11264.webp
    144.9 KB · Views: 17
Ok ...time to consider my moveable dish options ..
I'm behind a wall with Neil ..so what I really could do with is a good photo of a 1.25 gibby mounted on the pole and polar mount pointing due South to look at.
Obviously this would move the dish forward from the pole ..but by how much ..
??
In my case this would move the Gibby closer to the wall..
but would this also elevate the dish a little ?.
I have to consider these things as the wall could mask some of the dishes reception capabilities.
A combined mount and motor might not ..
Giving a little more height ..and avoiding significant forward movement.
Yes it could be that critical..
Pictures of both options would be good ...
A picture is worth a thousand words ;)
rgds
VS
 
I can't use my Gibby polar mount because it extends the dish forward by about 6" compared to a Moteck HH180, and hence the dish arm and LNB poke over to my neighbour's property. The only way I could use it would be to move the ground -mounted pole back by the said 6" or so. That'll be my next job.

In the meantime, I'm using the SMW PM, as it extends the dish by about the same distance as the HH180 did.
 
Llew said:
I can't use my Gibby polar mount because it extends the dish forward by about 6" compared to a Moteck HH180, and hence the dish arm and LNB poke over to my neighbour's property. The only way I could use it would be to move the ground -mounted pole back by the said 6" or so. That'll be my next job.

In the meantime, I'm using the SMW PM, as it extends the dish by about the same distance as the HH180 did.

using the Gibby PM ..do you gain any height as compensation for the forward movement ?

saw a photo of the SMW PM on your Gibby ..and that does appear to add height..
rgds
 
I'm pretty sure the superstore are using Gibby PMs as part of their adapter kits for CMs, have a look here _http://satellitesuperstore.co.uk/satellite_diseqc_motors_36_volt_motors.htm#36vhtoh
 
aceb said:
I'm pretty sure the superstore are using Gibby PMs as part of their adapter kits for CMs, have a look here _http://satellitesuperstore.co.uk/satellite_diseqc_motors_36_volt_motors.htm#36vhtoh

Thanks for the link Paul ..
Looking at it ..it appears to move the dish forward about 9 inches 'ish ...with about 4 to 5 inches gained in height..
Thats a helluva lot of forward movement ..
Looking more and more like the HH180 is the way forward in my case..
Sad really as I prefer the mount/jack approach.
rgds
VS
 
...on the same web page ..lower down ..the Raven/Andrews/Channel Master mount is a much better design ..
Weight atop the pole with less forward extension ..
Thats the sort of PM I envisaged..
rgds
VS
 
Vipersan said:
Thanks for the link Paul ..
Looking at it ..it appears to move the dish forward about 9 inches 'ish ...with about 4 to 5 inches gained in height..
Thats a helluva lot of forward movement ..
Looking more and more like the HH180 is the way forward in my case..
Sad really as I prefer the mount/jack approach.
rgds
VS

VS, what about the Channel Master PM? It doesn't move as much forward and pushes it up as well. Just need a metal plate with 8 holes drilled in it.
 
Captain Jack said:
VS, what about the Channel Master PM? It doesn't move as much forward and pushes it up as well. Just need a metal plate with 8 holes drilled in it.


That looks more like it CJ ...who's selling it ..and will it break the bank ?

;)
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3266.webp
    DSCN3266.webp
    108 KB · Views: 22
eBay is your best bet I am afraid. They do show up on there and generally go for very little together with their dishes.

Sadly, none on there right now.

You could try fabricating your own or get a local metal work place to make one up for you.
 
Vipersan said:
using the Gibby PM ..do you gain any height as compensation for the forward movement ?

saw a photo of the SMW PM on your Gibby ..and that does appear to add height..
rgds

I can't say if their is any difference, as I've never installed the Gibby PM for the reason given. Certainly the Moteck raises the dish considerably, as it sits on top of a pole.
 
Vipersan said:
a helluva lot of forward movement ..
Quite agree, with all those brackets and bolts it looks like it would flex quite a bit too. I might be wrong but it's a few quid to lash out only to be proved right.
 
Captain Jack said:
eBay is your best bet I am afraid. They do show up on there and generally go for very little together with their dishes.

Sadly, none on there right now.

You could try fabricating your own or get a local metal work place to make one up for you.

Yep ...just did a search and came up with nowt..
Is this now out of production ?
Certainly looks that way ..
btw ..anyone know what pole diameter it fits ..just in case I spot one ?
More to the point ..
If anyone has a polar mount of similar construction to mount on a 3 inch pole and considering selling ...
I'm _definately_ interested.
rgds
VS
 
..Well ..unless I can locate a _suitable_ PM ..then the HH180 is looking favourite ...and doesn't get the best reviews..
cest la vie
VS
 
You *could* always go with a DiSEqC motor. It's a sheltered location and I've had mine on one for a few years without issues.
 
Captain Jack said:
You *could* always go with a DiSEqC motor. It's a sheltered location and I've had mine on one for a few years without issues.

..That too is being considered ..
An all metal gear usals is a possibility ...but I'd need some packing to mount the Gibby to the motor stub..
Certainly would provide a temporary solution if nothing else..
Recomendations ?
rgds
VS
 
I just packed mine out with two short lengths of aluminium extrusion left over from a window installation, still got them attached to the 180 to allow some declination on the Gibby.
 
Back
Top