Bizarre ..silly ..or Just Plain Daft ?

pipe in pipe and everything welded together is also solution when there is need for wall thickness. Here I have at least 3 pipes welded to make roominess, and cap is also welded inside. Result- no way to bend or crush. And it is INOX.
 

Attachments

  • P1240426a (Medium).webp
    P1240426a (Medium).webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 23
A length of wood inside the pole to prevent crushing or concrete might be an option ?
 
I woke up this morning ..it was raining ..

I had some lunch around 12:30 ...it was raining ..

Just got finished and grabbed a couple of photo's ..IN THE RAIN..

Does it ever stop ..??

Not if you live in Manchester...

Anyway ..after many hours on the grindstone ..the 1 inch thick ..steel plug was complete and hammered home about 10 minutes ago..

Sadly no more work today ..as guess what ..

It's raining..

cest la vie
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0016.webp
    DSCF0016.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0017.webp
    DSCF0017.webp
    142.8 KB · Views: 32
You should have come to us for lunch, VS.




















It was raining.
 
was dry-ish for 20 minutes this morning ..
Managed to get the dish back up ..
Cant adjust anything as my pen marks and tape wont stick to the bracket or pole..
and why ..?
You guessed it ......

STILL RAINING..

Hosepipe ban this week ?



Anybody got any cheap Gopher wood ???...I feel another project coming on
VS
 
Vipersan said:
Anybody got any cheap Gopher wood ???...I feel another project coming on
VS

Have got two goats, two geese and two dogs as a starter pack if you need to think of stocking up
 
..Well ..despite the rain ...I managed to get the Azimuth fairly accurate I think..
Locked it up temporarily ..and EL and DEC still to do ..
But ..chose 2 roughly equidistant points on the arc ...ie 37 West Dovevision
and 36 East Telemedia 1

Both are low currently reading approx 8 >9db..
And the top of the arc BBCworld 1W is about 15 db ..
So ..damned close I think..
More to do this evening ..
rgds
VS
 
The arc is for the first time beginning to take shape at the extremes..

Dovevision 37W currently 8.4 db
RASD (first time I've had it on Neil) 45W 9.3db
BBC world 1W 14 db (expecting 16 db min)
Telemedia 1 36East 12.4db
45 East possibly obscured by tree (not sure it's possible)
42 East TAY 13.7db
If you're reading this Paul ..or anyone with the same dish
since yours is already tracking the arc ..could you list the same channels/transponders with the exception of 1 West (I know my max here) ..so that I have a good Idea of what IS possible ...and know when to stop tweaking.
rgds
VS
 
..an amendment to the last post ..
Just pulled in KissTV 45 East @12db
:D
Nice..
 
Nice, I might try for that but could be an inch off hitting the roof tiles lol.

So you got the dish setup spot on then ?

give you some time to relax or is doing all this helping your condition.
 
Hi Wod ..still not tracking fully yet ..as you can see ..
Will need to Elevate at the top of the arc for 1 West ..to get 16.8db ..
which will of course throw out the arc extremes 45E/W ..thus requiring more declination..
But its awful close buddy ..so close I can almost taste it..
:)
As to my condition ...keeping my hands mobile is good therapy...it definately helps with dexterity issues ..but not if they get too cold.
So ..I do want to get this job done and dusted before the weather makes it impossible for me.
rgds
VS
 
Will try and look later Evan once I'mhome but mine is still tethered following last weeks major blow, not sure if it's still aligned although I should be able to peak each one with the actuator.
 
Not the same dish here but close enough...

45W and 45E are out of reach here... clear and cool conditions here - ideal for sat hunting.

37.5W DoveVision - 9.4dB (possibly partly obscured by a wall)
1W BBC World - 18.3dB (strongest I had it)
36E Telemedia 1 - 14.4dB, 12245H 6.7dB
42E TAY TV - jumps between 13.7 and 15dB (almost certainly a result of a tree in front of it and I can't see anything beyond that)
 
Captain Jack said:
Not the same dish here but close enough...


45W and 45E are out of reach here... clear and cool conditions here - ideal for sat hunting.


37.5W DoveVision - 9.4dB (possibly partly obscured by a wall)

1W BBC World - 18.3dB (strongest I had it)

36E Telemedia 1 - 14.4dB, 12245H 6.7dB

42E TAY TV - jumps between 13.7 and 15dB (almost certainly a result of a tree in front of it and I can't see anything beyond that)


Thanks CJ ..your results would suggest I am indeed very close but have an arc with a flattened top ..

Just as I thought..

The best I expect at the top of the arc is between 16.5 and 17db ..so losing 3db here ..but the rest are similar..

Oh so close ..

Just hope there is enough declination adjustment left when I check tomorrow..

Too dark to see now..

rgds

VS
 

Attachments

  • arc.webp
    arc.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
just tried 45e and its a very strong signal for me so you should definately get a good signal on the 1.3m. 11523v is the tp i used to store the position on the vbox.

45e is the furthest i can move the dish, its an inch off the guttering :eek: , 45e to 58west is enough for me.

vs, what satellite arc are you trying for ?
 
Quite a few of my posts to this thread are still in limbo ..but the Cband lnb is still on Neil atm ..
Whilst it is ..would it be of interest to anyone to see what is available 30 East to 55 West on a 1.25 gibby with a cband lnb and cut down feed placed roughly at the focus ?
If so ..I'll do a list later..
rgds
VS
 
I'd love to see you try 49E. I still have a 1.2m Channel Master doing nothing and wouldn't mind pointing it at something exotic and half-useful. Can "see" 49E easily from my balcony, potentially with the dish being invisible from ground level.

And if it's sunny up there, you can use the sun for the next few days to see how much actually illumination you're getting from any point in the sky :)
 
Ah another thread that needs the photos putting back....
 
Photos put back, there were quite a few. :-ohcrap
 
Thanks Rolf :)

I'll get on with new channels again in that case.
 
Back
Top