Blah! Blah!...... Decision Time (Who can help me?)

B

Bobolo

Well, i've been here(lurking) for nearly one month, read the reviews and i'm still at a loss to which programmer and card(s) i should purchase. can you help me?

there are also so many other questions i would like to ask, but i will be happy for any input from you guys/gals to which is the most suitable programmer and card(s) to purchase.

no doubt i will further post when i make the decision on these items.

Thank you,

Bobolo.

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Bobolo
This question is asked 1000's times but there is no real single answer. It's a case of each to thier own.
Only you can decide how much money you want to spend and what you want to achieve.
There seems to be several good programmers around like the VXMulti, VX4fun and the MultiProgrammer 3.5 from Ad-Teknik ("Elvis"). All can program all of the cards available at the moment.

The VXMulti comes packaged in a nice plastic box with a LED display on the front but all for a price. Also take note that the VXMulti2 is soon to be released meaning that the original VXMulti is starting to be outdated.

As for cards, a good starting point is the goldwafer. There are a lot of files around and they are the cheapest cards.You can always buy others like the Silvercard/funcard later.

Note that a lot of Channels are changing encryption systems so be warned that you could be spending money to watch a black screen.

nobbly :

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
To add to what I said before another consideration is the software supplied with the programmer.

For example the VXMulti software is unable to program 3 file funcard hex's and some people have problems with the supplied Elvis software.

The VX4Fun comes with Vx Cardmaster software which has a very nice user interface and is very easy to use. It also supports all known cards.

Also As I mentioned before VXTools have released new versions of the VXMulti. The one that catches my eye is the “VxMulti2 Lite with Vx4Fun Upgrade fitted”. It has the same modes 0-6 as the VxMulti but has a mode 7 upgrade that takes it to the full Vx4Fun specification. It comes with a Custom Case, LED Display, 8 Programming Modes (see below), Retail Boxed, complete with Serial Lead and Power Supply and factory fitted Vx4Fun upgrade. Not bad for the same price as the VX4Fun £59.99.

Programming modes:

Mode 0 6.00Mhz
Mode 1 3.57Mhz
Mode 2 Ludi PIC
Mode 3 Ludi EEprom
Mode 4 Atmel
Mode 5 6.00 Mhz
Mode 6 3.57 Mhz

To answer you question I would go for the new VxMulti2 Lite with the Vx4Fun upgrade fitted and a goldcard. Maybe after buy some other cards like a funcard or silver card.

nobbly :+