Blank screen with sky+ HD

Shellbell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD
My Location
Kent
I have had sky+HD for a year now & not had any problems. However, today the picture froze but I could still hear the sound. Usually turning the box off & on again does the trick but not this time.

After turning the box off at the mains, sky now works (I can see the picture in another room) but the screen is blue like when it's turned off. I've checked the connections & they are fine, changed the cable to the hdmi2 output but still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be??

cs91044

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Channel Master macthed feed horn with c120 quad invacom 54 west to 45 east ; 1m Triax Multi LNB 13-16-19-28 - Technomate 5000DAPCI
My Location
North West
ok Im not quite sure what your problem is but the easiest way to trouble shoot this is make sure your TV is switch to the correct HD input usually there is a source or av button on your tele's remote if you are sure you have the right source selected and have a blue screen get a scart cable and connect the scart cable from the sky HD box to your television then select the scart source on your television if you have a picture then it must be the hdmi out from your sky box its very unlikely to be a cable fault However if you do not have a picture on scart either then I would be baffled as clearly is is distributing a picture over RF to your other room - Normaly a blue screen to me would suggest your tele is not receiving a signal. from the source selected

Let me give you an example if I unplug the hdmi cable from my sky box my tele will display a blue screen ie: it not receiving any signal from the sky box because I unplugged the cable so the blue screen is likely your tele not receiving a sigal on that source rather than a fault on the sky box

However if I reconnect the sky cable my picture comes back but only because my tele is a good tele and can detect sources automaticaly your tele might need switching off and on again to re-establich the source signal?

Have a go and let us know how you get on

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Is this a Thomson Box?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
cs91044 said:
my tele is a good tele and can detect sources automaticaly your tele might need switching off and on again to re-establich the source signal?
My TV is a good TV but it only responds to autoswitching from a scart - anything else (HDMI. component, S-VHS) I have to use the input button as said. It's certainly the first thing to try.