Blooming builders knocked my dish!

Twone

Member
My Satellite Setup
Prestige eco receiver, TD110 & black eco single LNB
My Location
South West London
Newbie here so please be gentle!

I have 1.1m Triax dish in SW London to receive Slovak TV on Astra 3B 23.5°E. On Wednesday the builders came round and knocked the ground mounted dish. Before this happened I was get around 70% on both the strength and the quality. Now I've re-adjusted it and I'm now getting around 60% for the strength and quality. However, the quality drops down to around 5% and quickly returns every 30 secs to minute or so. The thing is that I am getting absolutely no picture or audio what so ever. I really don't know what the problem is, could anyone help me out please.

Thank in advance
 
Disregarding the intermittent behaviour, if you are at times getting worthwhile Strength and Quality (not just background/quiescent values), but no Audio or Vidoe, then you are almost certainly aligned to the wrong Satellite.

In this case, probably 28E or 19E.

So shove the dish four or five degrees one way to the next Satellite - if you can't find one, shove it back the other way.

Four or five degrees isn't very much .................

Tne intermittent behaviour is probably marginal alignemnt to whichever Satellite you're close to ............. a dish that size has a fairly narrow beamwidth so needs spot-on alignment.
 
Thanks very much Tivu. I adjusted it again with the help of a compass and a lot more confidence. I was outside for about two minutes before my misses came out shouting that we'd got the signal back.

Have one on me for St. Paddy's Day!!!
 
Excellent - always a good thing to keep SWMBO happy.
 
Twone said:
Newbie here so please be gentle!

I have 1.1m Triax dish in SW London to receive Slovak TV on Astra 3B 23.5°E. On Wednesday the builders came round and knocked the ground mounted dish. Before this happened I was get around 70% on both the strength and the quality. Now I've re-adjusted it and I'm now getting around 60% for the strength and quality. However, the quality drops down to around 5% and quickly returns every 30 secs to minute or so. The thing is that I am getting absolutely no picture or audio what so ever. I really don't know what the problem is, could anyone help me out please.

Thank in advance

Hi, would you mind if I asked which kit you are using? (ie box and card) as I am interested in getting this setup for my wife also.

thanks

adam
 
The main Slovak channels moved to Astra 3B recently, so the big dishes are no longer required - a 60 cm dish should be plenty in London now.

If you have contacts in Slovakia then source the CS Link card there - that will be much cheaper than using a middle man supplier.
 
Thanks for the reply. I'm just a little confused as to all the bits I need. I can get a Skylink card from Slovakia, these are now Irdeto PI-sys, but Im not sure what receiver will take these cards, and if i need to get a CAM?

Thanks again
 
also i just called an installer and he told me I needed a 1m dish for this... I'm confused!
 
Yes, that's about the minimum for solid reception of those channels.
 
A decent 100cm also [for non wide beam], some of the cheaper imported 1m dishes do not perform as well ;)

This is for the non wide 3B Europe beam, the wide beam should come in with a smaller dish.

Maybe your installer hasn't noted the 3B beam / freq changes.
 
satelliteman said:
Maybe your installer hasn't noted the 3B beam / freq changes.

Yup - STV 1 & 2 moved to Astra 3B a few months ago and here in southern Scotland 3B puts out a huge signal even on a badly aligned offset lnb on my 16E dish.

(All the Czech / Slovak channels are now carried on 3B)
 
Great, thanks for the advice.

Also I'm finding it hard identifying a receiver box that will handle the cards. According to the Skylink website they are discontinuing the cryptovision cards in favour of Irdeto (There are some pictures here if that helps _http://skylink.sk/web/structure/61.html])

Does anyone know what I should be looking for when selecting a receiver box? or any boxes you can recommend?

Thanks again
 
Back
Top