blu ray player

peteglasgow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky +HD box with 2 magic eyes , HD tv blu ray player
My Location
glasgow
my hd tv has hdm1 , 2 and 3 , my sky hd is in the hdm1 socket, does my blu ray player just go into any other? and does it automatically get activated when player turned on? ( like a scart lead does)

peteglasgow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
my hd tv has hdm1 , 2 and 3 , my sky hd is in the hdm1 socket, does my blu ray player just go into any other? and does it automatically get activated when player turned on? ( like a scart lead does)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, yes use one of the other available HDMI inputs. Should be auto switching but may have to turn off the sky receiver.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, yes use one of the other available HDMI inputs. Should be auto switching but may have to turn off the sky receiver.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Don't be surprised if it doesn't autoswitch though. You may have to use your input selector button for the TV.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Don't be surprised if it doesn't autoswitch though. You may have to use your input selector button for the TV.

peteglasgow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
PaulR said:

bugger! sods law, why is nothing simple? i really struggled once when accidentally changed the tv channel up and it went off the HNM1 , took ages to get it back activated for the sky box, i,m worried i may have to go through all this every time i want to use my blu ray??
thanks for reply m8

peteglasgow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
PaulR said:

bugger! sods law, why is nothing simple? i really struggled once when accidentally changed the tv channel up and it went off the HNM1 , took ages to get it back activated for the sky box, i,m worried i may have to go through all this every time i want to use my blu ray??
thanks for reply m8

steptoe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 19.2
astra 28.5
hotbird 13
My Location
luton
alot of hdmi tv's dont switch, some will come on ,on the input you switched the tv off by(standby)others have a default starting up usually channel1 (analogue dtv)being a bit presumptuous but you would have thought someone would have designed the switching methods simlar to scart, particularly confusing for some
elderly who regard remote controls something simlar to nasa's mission control