---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Yep thats good thinking mate.
sirsmilealot, as sonic1 says, login via telnet and run cccam './CCcam_2.1.1 -d' without the quotes. This will read the boxkey from your NDS2 card and show you it. Then do a hex to decimal conversion to see if you can make any sense of the serial number it gives you compared to the serial number you have on the bottom of your box.

drumcode

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
Earth
I just obtained my Box Key from the menu. It's 10 digits long with one zero at the beginning.

I've got the same problem as sirsmilealot.

Is there a solution, please?

Just had a look at theserial number at the bottom of my box: it's got 17 characters but the 2nd character is a letter. when using your tool I get "run-time error 242".

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Ok thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. Use the method mentioned. Insert your old blue card and start CCcam in debug mode via telnet. It will tell you your box key.

drumcode

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
Earth
Believe it or not but Telnet didn't work for me. I just get an endless list of clients without any NDS card info. :mad:

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Use a temporary config with no F or C lines in it. And change the server listen port to stop attempted connections.

drumcode

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
Earth
I went for the converted boxkey that I got by converting my 10-digit code (less the zero), which was identical to what I got from converting the 17-character code (despite the error pop-up) and used the creator programme to make the newcs file. I then FTPed it and added the N lines to my CFG as per the tutorial.

I don't actually receive 28.2e on my DM but I may change coax cables around to check.

Assuming everything's worked, what do my peers need to do to receive my share, please?

Will any version of Newcs do or do they have to install 1.66? Do they need to add N lines to their C lines, please? :confused

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
To access your card they don't need NewCS at all. Just CCcam.
If you have F lines for them in your CCcam.cfg then it will work, however they will see your card as hop2 instead of hop1 , but performance will not suffer.
If they want to see your card at hop1, then you'll need to add those users to your NewCS and they will replace their C line with an N line.

drumcode

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
Earth
Ah! That's good news!!!

I had a look at my CCcam info last night and the "Endorsements" section didn't have all the card info but my local NDS card seems to be showing in my long list of shares.

Well, I just hope the boxkey thing worked.

drumcode

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
My Location
Earth
I had feeback from one of my peers that he can see my new card "0963" but it's not clearing anything for him.

Afraid that the boxkey (I obtained from the sly menu and barcode) could be wrong I tried Telnet again. I did it with a empty CFG file to avoid the massive list of connections. However, the short table that this generates still contains no card info whatsoever. It starts with "nodeid" and ends with "no working cam devices". Any suggestions, please?

I've now just connected 28.2 to my Dreambox to check whether the new card is clearing the channels for me. Even without my card and without any C lines I'm clearing everything through Newcs somehow. How can that be? I don't think my card is clearing the premium channels, though.

One of my peers suggested that I need to open up port 10000 on my router (a similar thing to when I initailly set up CCcam) but others disagree and I've never seen it mentioned here or anywhere else.

What do you think, please?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
no working cam devices, this means newCS has not detected a card and therfore does not create a device for it. Check your card is working in another box, and make sure its inserted correctly.

If your box key is wrong newCS will still run your card and so peers may see it. However it will not open any channels.

If newcs is using port 10000 in your newcs.xml then you only need to open the port in the router if you are giving your peers direct access to newcs. If they are connecting through CCcam then you do not need to open that port.

You need to check the NewCS web interface to see whats happening with your card. You also need to verify your boxkey is correct.

Something to bare in mind. I've just run CCcam in debug mode, with my old blue card in the reader. The card was detected as normal but the box key CCcam reported IS NOT my boxkey. It seems for this old card the box key simply doesn't matter. So the info reported on using CCcam in debug mode to retrieve the box key, I must admit looks like bogus info. You'll need to convert the number from the menu.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Ok guys to get this thread back on track here's an updated version of the Box Key Converter.

Change Log:-

• Completely rewritten the Hex conversion code. This should now handle larger numbers much better, hopefully stopping the run time error some people had experienced.
  • Wrote in the function to capture a box key that is longer than 4 bytes (8 characters). This will prompt the user to contact me if this happens so we can investigate the serial number layout of that users box.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Box Key Converter v2.0.0.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,429
  • Box Key Converter v2.0.0.JPG
    Box Key Converter v2.0.0.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,462

coley

Reaction score
Hi m8
Having no luck with this I dont know if I am missing something. I am clearing the 6 mix channels but not the premium ones

I am entering my 10 digit serial number begining with 0170 into v2.0 of your converter
which gives me an 8 figure result. which does not work

I have tried removing the leadin 0 which did not work
I have tried adding a 0 so it looks like 00170 (to make it 11 digit)

I have tried the cccam method of obtaining the box key. which did not work

What can I do to get the correct boxkey

many thanks Coley

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
You must enter 11 characters into the top box, or 17 characters into the second box. Entering 10 numbers will create the wrong box key. Have you tried the 17 digit serial from the sticker on the bottom of your box ?

coley

Reaction score
How thick am I, I have my friends white card here too he has the full package and I have the 6 mixes. Guess what I was using the wrong card.

He told me he had just got his card the other day so I chose the one with the higher serial number thinking it was his card. I then tried what I thought was his card and got the message please insert card. So I thought nothing of it until tonight. Just rung him and said how long you had this card oh he said could of been in the draw for ages.

3 hours of trying to get it to work

I am so sorry for wasting your time B16MCC my applogies I feel like a right prat. your generator did come up with the right boxkey by adding or taking away something

Thanks
Coley

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
No worries mate. Glad you got it working...

Skyviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Reelbox Avantgarde
My Location
Salcombe
Great software! Would have saved me trouble had I found it earlier.

The box key matched the one I had - so it is double checked now.

lizerone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite forum
My Location
Australia
I have serial no. X110182KP0133 which is 13 digit, and i've tried to use your software to convert it but, no luck. is anyone can help me with this. Thanks

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
That number is definatley wrong mate. The 11 digit number needs to be decimal, the 17 digit needs to be Hexidecimal. So any numbers with letters other than A to F is defo wrong. Where did you get that serial nunmber from ? Have you looked in the hidden engineers menu to get the serial number from there ?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi chaps here's the latest version. This is basically a port to Visual Studio 2008 which is .NET Framework compliant. This is how all my utils will be built from now on. This should stop any Vista compatibility issues.

There's a couple of discrete changes to how the util works but nothing major.

Enter the Serial from the hidden engineers menu , this can be 9 to 11 characters.
Or , Enter the hexidecimal serial number from the sticker on the box, this is 17 characters.

attachment.php

.NET Framework 3.5 Download
_http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Attachments

• NDS Box Key Creator.JPG
    NDS Box Key Creator.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,362

superfuli

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 PVR
My Location
ITALY
Hi, this program works with box of sky italia?
Tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.