british sci-fi extravaganza

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
keep a sharp lookout for BBC FOUR -
I've just seen a "coming soon" teaser with lots of british sci-fi series. I've seen images from blake's 7, amoungst others.
looks interresting - if anyone has more details, please post them !

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its in November:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/features/sfb.shtml

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yay - Blakes Seven (hopefully from the beginning )

Cardboard backdrop extravaganza. :)

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
Analoguesat said:
so - that's now !

Analoguesat said:
ah - why didn't I think of that - a link to the bbc four website.
oops, I hope they're gonna show some series, those images might be related to "the cult of ...." 6-part series 'about these series'.
there's no scifi planned on bbc four until Nov 13, according to the What's on SciFi page of the BBC. A lot of Torchwood (which isn't bad by the way) but still ......

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
looks like things are on the move tonight :

The Martians and Us (7:00pm - 8:00pm) BBC4
1/3 - From Apes to Aliens
Series about the history of British science fiction. This edition looks at our relationship with aliens, from Wells's invading Martians to the Daleks via 2001: A Space Odyssey, the Midwich Cuckoos, and the Mekon. It also explores the genre's preoccupation with the big questions of evolution, and includes interviews with Arthur C Clarke, Brian Aldiss, Doris Lessing and Steve Jones.

tomorrow :
The Cult of... Adam Adamant Lives! (10:00pm - 10:30pm) BBC4
1/6
Series looking at cult sci-fi series recalls Adam Adamant, an unwitting Edwardian time-traveller thwarting baddies while he gets to grips with 1960's London. Frozen in a block of ice beneath Picadilly by his arch-enemy, Adamant is disinterred by a workman digging up the road 60-odd years later. The programme reveals why the leading actor broke down in tears on the first day of filming and how ITV's The Avengers both inspired and finally saw off its rival.

this saturday :
A for Andromeda (8:30pm - 10:00pm) BBC4
Richard Fell's contemporary adaptation of Fred Hoyle and John Elliot's 1961 sci-fi classic. A radio signal from the Andromeda constellation provides instructions on how to build a computer. In a very short period of time, the machine amasses a wealth of information about life on Earth and soon becomes more powerful than anyone could have anticipated. Using its vast intelligence, and with the connivance of the MoD, it fashions a robot from flesh and blood to carry out its wishes.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
tonight :
The Quatermass Experiment (10:00pm - 11:35pm) BBC4
Live adaptation of the sci-fi classic, originally shown on BBC in 1953. Prof Bernard Quatermass's rocket and crew have made history by travelling further into space than any other human being. But when the rocket lands, it soon becomes apparent that something is terribly wrong.

and this is preceded by episode 2 of the equally good BBC screamer "Day of the Triffids".