BSKYB2200 Help required please

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Could anyone please confirm that the old BSKYB2200 will still work with the "new" freesat card to get ITV etc.
I am having problems with the card being authorised and SKY say the box may be too old.
EPG Software is 3.1A.5
Op system is 1.2S4Bq

Without the card the box will "surf" through all channels i.e..101, 102, 103 ETC but with the card inserted it misses ITV and goes straight from 102 to 106.
Is this normal?

The box hasn't been used for about 18 months but forced download shows all of the latest channels so i'm sure that all's well at my end.

As I am out of the UK it's troublesome to ring and speak to an idiot that has trouble with English!.

Regards,
Tiggy

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
If you put the card in the box and go to services > system details, next to card number does it display a card number?

If not then there is a problem at your end, either the software is too old, the card reader isn’t working properly or the card is dead.

If it does display the card number then the card probably isn’t activated properly. Even leaving it in overnight with the box on sometimes helps it.

Do you know anyone else with a Sky system in your area? If so try the card in their box, a FTV card should work in any Sky box.

Tiggy

Reaction score
PoloMint said:
If you put the card in the box and go to services > system details, next to card number does it display a card number?

Yes it does and its the new card, I will try Sky again.

I do now believe that the prob is at there end not mine.

Regards
Tiggy

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You have old software,the card will not work properly.download latest software before you call sky.

Tiggy

Reaction score
Thanks Zorba, I thought that the box had forced but it hadn't. Have now re-done it and the new software is installed (version3.2.11).
Now awaiting sky to unlock card.
Will inform if all ok.
Regards to all,
Tiggy

Tiggy

Reaction score
Following my own thread, to help others perhaps.

After trouble getting the card activated and a few phonecalls to Sky.

They told me to put the box onto C4 or C5 which was the problem as the EPG didnt pick up ITV,C4 OR C5 which was very strange.

I had to put add the above channels into the "other/additional channels" and once added the card activated in minutes. The next day these channels came up in the normal EPG.

Well I hadn't heard of this one before!

Regards,
Tiggy.