John
Enthusiast.
- My Satellite Setup
- Elite 2.2 PF with Multi lnb changer - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka - Ext Ku - C & Ext C. X.
PC cards 6983,6903, main receiver GTX Combo. Ericsson RX8200.
Promax HDRanger+ & HDRanger2 Analysers.
- My Location
- North Nottinghamshire. UK.
Nice one @John I learned something there. I will give my pipe another go now that my replacement 1.8m dish is up. I expect more from it than a vipersan plate
Thee welcome, it's been a while since i last used my AV-Comm barrel on my system but looking at the picture more closely again the barrel will come from the supplier with the 'front' outer surface machined down to accept the scalar ring / cone and the rear end will be internally machined out to accept the Zinwell lnbf or a single feed transition.
I think that because @otokoc is using a custom build comprising of a AV-Comm Poloriser barrel into an AV-Comm OMT into two lnb's then it looks like either AV-Comm ltd or otokoc have machined the 'rear' outer surface down of the barrel so the OMT becomes a 'female' fit onto the rear end of the pol barrel


