C-Band Extended

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous_1
  • Start date Start date
Well, I have just about managed to scrape into the world of the C-Band extended men.

I have attached a few pictures below of my results from 40.5W using a Chinese LNB with LOF of 5950 MHz and frequency range of 4.5 GHz - 4.8 GHz. I picked up both of the signals in the C-Band extended range on 40.5W but not enough to get a lock. I was very close to a lock for 4581 L, just a fraction of a db under.
 

Attachments

  • LNB C Band Extended (01).webp
    LNB C Band Extended (01).webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 40.5W_ 20181209_RFScan_ExtendedC.webp
    40.5W_ 20181209_RFScan_ExtendedC.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 40.5W_ 20181209_EBSPro_ExtendedC.webp
    40.5W_ 20181209_EBSPro_ExtendedC.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 40.5W_ 20181209_SA_Scan_4581L_SR30000.webp
    40.5W_ 20181209_SA_Scan_4581L_SR30000.webp
    42 KB · Views: 41
  • 40.5W_ 20181209_SA_Scan_4641L_SR30000.webp
    40.5W_ 20181209_SA_Scan_4641L_SR30000.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 43
Well, I have just about managed to scrape into the world of the C-Band extended men.

I have attached a few pictures below of my results from 40.5W using a Chinese LNB with LOF of 5950 MHz and frequency range of 4.5 GHz - 4.8 GHz. I picked up both of the signals in the C-Band extended range on 40.5W but not enough to get a lock. I was very close to a lock for 4581 L, just a fraction of a db under.

On which antenna size were done your tests ?
 
On which antenna size were done your tests ?


@Feedsat_DXer

I used a Precision 2.0m spun aluminium prime focus dish with a WR229 flange feed holder instered into a polariser barrel. It's dark outside now but the LNB and feed is still setup on the dish, I will take a photo of the feed arrangement tomorrow if you wish ?
 
A bit of a surprise, the Chinese C Band Extended LNB has a wider frequency range than is indicated on the label. The LNB label states a frequency range of 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz, however, in practice I captured signals as low as 4.013Ghz from an EBS Pro scan for Left circular polarised frequencies.

I have yet to run a scan for Right circular polarity frequencies as I need to rotate the LNB in the polo pipe to change the orientation of the single probe so that it detects right circular polarity. I will probably run that scan tomorrow. I have attached a picture of the EBS Pro result for the Left circular polarity scan.

It looks like the frequency range for these Chinese LNB's is approximately 4.010GHz to 4.800GHz.


40.5W_ 20181209_EBSPro_ExtendedC_04.webp
 
.. Pull up a LHC scan when you had the 3.4 to 4.2 GHz Titanium lnbf in the tube for 40.5 West and compare the S/N figures from 4013 up to 4197 against the new Chinese lnb - i would have thought that the 4.5 to 4.8 GHz response should have started to drop off a bit once you go below 4.5 GHz.
Still a bit of a bonus though.
 
A local oscillator of 5950 MHz gives an -inverted- IF of 1940MHz for the PC card to look at, certainly within the scope of most modern tuners and I doubt very much the LNB supplier is going to bother with cut off filters within the electronics when the mechanical dimensions of the casing already cope with standard C band frequencies.

If they can sell to more than one demographic without changes to the product then you are doing a sterling job of free promotion.

Now, if your tuner can run as high as 2250MHz plus a bit then and you can find even a sniff of transmissions out there, then they may release their next batch with a 3.7 - 4.8 GHz claim on the labelling.
 
...If they can sell to more than one demographic without changes to the product then you are doing a sterling job of free promotion.


If I am able to make the satellite hobbyists aware of an LNB product that might be of interest or useful to them I am happy to do so.
 
.. Pull up a LHC scan when you had the 3.4 to 4.2 GHz Titanium lnbf in the tube for 40.5 West and compare the S/N figures from 4013 up to 4197 against the new Chinese lnb - i would have thought that the 4.5 to 4.8 GHz response should have started to drop off a bit once you go below 4.5 GHz.
Still a bit of a bonus though.


John,

The signals below 4.5 GHz from the C Band Extended LNB are slightly lower than those from the Titanium LNB in the same polo pipe but not by a large amount.

I tested the Titanium LNB a few days ago so for a reasonable comparison I should test both LNB's in quick succession on the dish in the same polo pipe. I had planned to run a RHCP test with the C Band Extended LNB today to see how low it goes, I will repeat the LHCP test then switch over to the Titanium LNB for a comparison.
 
Here is the scan on PEON`s PF 2.5m and 3.7m with Norsat 8115I he made approximately a month ago.
The LNB was attached to the Chaparral Polarotor on the 2.5m dish and to the OMT when on NWIEE 3.7m.
Used PC card: TBS 6983.

I also want to show you that there are more LNBs for this band even it is always hard to find them. Those RSC ones showed below were purchased back in April 2014 from the US.
I have talked to Peon and he is willing to test filters on the Norsat 8115I, so we will know what is the lowest frequency it can receive. The same test as Moonbase has done.
SES 6 @ 40.5W extended C band on 2.5m by Peon.webpSES 6 @ 40.5W extended C band on 3.7m byPeon.webpSES 6 @ 40.5W extended C band -  4581 L, Nickelodeon Latino Sud.webpNorsat 8115I.webpRSC LNB 4.5-4.8 GHz.webpRSC LNB.webpPeon`s PF 2.5m.webp
 
A little more progress, I managed to lock and clear a picture for the 40.5W C band extended transponder with frequency of 4581 L (SR 30000).

The signal was locked by both a Dr HD F15 receiver and a fag packet receiver (Freesat v7 HD). The fag packet achieved a lock at 69% signal quality and the Dr HD F15 achieved the lock with a signal fluctuating between 9.2 db and 9.4 db.

Equipment used was a Precision 2.0m prime focus dish with Chinese C Band Extended LNB bolted to a WR229 flange feed inserted into a polo pipe.

I have attached a picture below that shows the fag packet clearing the signal (scanned in at 4583 H).

40.5W_20181210_ExtC_ 4581L_SR30000.webp
 
Last edited:
im new one with C band what is the c band extended this frecuencies are not listed on kingof sat or lyngsat for example.
I have a 1.8m televes dish and titanium \ zinwell lnbs. both working fine on 40.5W 55W and 58W
 
ok and the pipe is used for what ? improve if i put one pipe to my titanium lnb?
 
Back
Top