C-Band Extended

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous_1
  • Start date Start date
@ 65° West.
And now this has appeared - - 4647 H. but no lock for me yet.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

65° West - 4647 H. - reduced..webp
 
65W

4770H SR is 51410 (16APSK) 2/3
2 new in S2
4679 & 4706 H 3720 ...
@John or someone ele, any help ?
View attachment 124904




... very low H signal levels with me tonight, i'll keep an eye on them :Y
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

65.5° West - 4679 H - 4706 H.   reduced..webp
 
@ 65°West also - - frequency 4718 H very low level from the 2.2 PF Elite reflector but just visible this morning on the Promax display.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

65°West - 4718 H. - reduced..webp
 
@ 65° West. 4712 H. 5008. 3/4.
Two programs popped up on this frequency now.
** Freq 4514 V has also dropped today.
..................................................................................................................................................................................

65.5° West Extended.... 4712 H..webpCapture.webp
 
Last edited:
40.5W 4522 R , a channel has started after a long time empty mux
portuguese language, 24H news
View attachment 125087



I suspect I will be under the lock level for this one, it needs 9.4db.

Your screen shot shows 9.7db, presumably with your 2.4m antenna, I have no chance with a 2.0m dish. However, I will give it a go next time I have one of the 2.0m dishes back on C-Band with the extended LNB fitted, subject to the signal still being around.
 
I suspect I will be under the lock level for this one, it needs 9.4db.

Your screen shot shows 9.7db, presumably with your 2.4m antenna, I have no chance with a 2.0m dish. However, I will give it a go next time I have one of the 2.0m dishes back on C-Band with the extended LNB fitted, subject to the signal still being around.



... Not had chance to have a look at this one yet MB .... (been re-stringing me bass) .. but will have a look now on the 2.2 PF to see what it will do.
 
... Not had chance to have a look at this one yet MB .... (been re-stringing me bass) .. but will have a look now on the 2.2 PF to see what it will do.



After critical antenna tweaking on the 2.2 Elite PF have a signal that's fluctuating between 9.5dB minimum to 10.1dB max. The Promax keeps trying to grab it and lock but is failing. The 6983 card is no better. I'll stop on it for a while to see if anything improves.
 
After critical antenna tweaking on the 2.2 Elite PF have a signal that's fluctuating between 9.5dB minimum to 10.1dB max. The Promax keeps trying to grab it and lock but is failing. The 6983 card is no better. I'll stop on it for a while to see if anything improves.




Fired the TM-5402 HD M3 receiver up to give it a shot at it and it didn't do too bad at all - struggled a bit but it gave a result.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

40.5° West... Ext C-Band.... reduced..webp
 
Fired the TM-5402 HD M3 receiver up to give it a shot at it and it didn't do too bad at all - struggled a bit but it gave a result.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

View attachment 125090



Nice one, well done. A signal lock looks to be beyond my scope with a 2.0m gimpy squirt of a dish, you gotta go large for this C-Band caper.
 
Nice one, well done. A signal lock looks to be beyond my scope with a 2.0m gimpy squirt of a dish, you gotta go large for this C-Band caper.





.. And - pay good attention to installation accuracy for best results if you've only got a little 'un :p.
 
Still on 40.5° West - - 4522 R.
@MB, routed antenna feed directly into TM-5402 HD M3 which has improved reception slightly.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

40.5° West... Ext C-Band..  24 hr news -  .. reduced..webp
 
Still on 40.5° West - - 4522 R.
@MB, routed antenna feed directly into TM-5402 HD M3 which has improved reception slightly.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

View attachment 125107


@John

I noticed in your TM-5402 (M3) screen grabs that you are getting the same issue I have here with a TM-5402 (M3) in that the modulation is reported with two different values at the same time and one of them has to be incorrect (32APSK). Looks like a bug in the TM-5402 firmaware that will never get resolved.
 
@John

I noticed in your TM-5402 (M3) screen grabs that you are getting the same issue I have here with a TM-5402 (M3) in that the modulation is reported with two different values at the same time and one of them has to be incorrect (32APSK). Looks like a bug in the TM-5402 firmaware that will never get resolved.




... yep, been like that for years, does the same thing on Ka scans as well - otherwise i quite like using it but is a good thing to have more than one receiver to do comparisons.
 
Back
Top