C-Band Extended

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous_1
  • Start date Start date
this photo was taken with the dish set at 65 west
unfortunately in front of you you can see a tree and reception is not possible
 
I don't understand if this tp is 5 est or 3 est
if you give me some help thanks
 

Attachments

  • 5 est  o  3 est.webp
    5 est o 3 est.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 58
thank you

i am using a lnb without the dielectric
 
good signal today
 

Attachments

  • 40 west C.webp
    40 west C.webp
    130.5 KB · Views: 36
65 West. Extended C-band.
4688 H. 3749. 2/3. 8PSK. ID: CH2. Biss.
Static pic at the moment
================================================================================================================
Screenshot 65West Ex-Cband...webpScreenshot  65West Ex C-band....webp
 
65 West. Extended C-band.
4688 H. 3749. 2/3. 8PSK. ID: CH2. Biss.
Static pic at the moment
================================================================================================================
View attachment 144665View attachment 144667


Nice one, I think you are the only current UK member of the forum to have published pictures from these extended upper C-Band frequencies from 65.5W unless @nelson_b has sniffed them out.?
I have no chance of a line of sight from my gaff, nowt after 47.5W for me. I have a two bob merchants arc, down in the bottom of a valley surrounded by trees and houses.
 
Nice one, I think you are the only current UK member of the forum to have published pictures from these extended upper C-Band frequencies from 65.5W unless @nelson_b has sniffed them out.?
I have no chance of a line of sight from my gaff, nowt after 47.5W for me. I have a two bob merchants arc, down in the bottom of a valley surrounded by trees and houses.

No ... no pictures - only the transponder locks from way back in 2020.
 
Nice one, I think you are the only current UK member of the forum to have published pictures from these extended upper C-Band frequencies from 65.5W unless @nelson_b has sniffed them out.?
I have no chance of a line of sight from my gaff, nowt after 47.5W for me. I have a two bob merchants arc, down in the bottom of a valley surrounded by trees and houses.

Iv'e put the Norsat 8000RI 3.6-4.8GHz lnb with the 5750 LO back on the rig to double check that GTMedia in their latest v18 firmware for the Combo had fixed the IF blind scan range [it only did a partial amount before due to a bug]. Can't run the External 5G filter on it though due to it's 3.7-4.2 GHz pass band, so the DX out of footprint Brazil stuff from 70West at around 3.7 GHz area get's hammered
 
Nice one, I think you are the only current UK member of the forum to have published pictures from these extended upper C-Band frequencies from 65.5W unless @nelson_b has sniffed them out.?
I have no chance of a line of sight from my gaff, nowt after 47.5W for me. I have a two bob merchants arc, down in the bottom of a valley surrounded by trees and houses.
Same as me MB, I cannot get anything after 47.5W either..
 
fortunately - i can get 55.5w and 58w - placed my dish with that in mind.
 
fortunately - i can get 55.5w and 58w - placed my dish with that in mind.


I had plans to relocate my Precision 2.0m dish to get line of sight further west
However, I experienced a setback when my next door neighbour refused me permission to use their ground floor flat roof extension !
 
I had plans to relocate my Precision 2.0m dish to get line of sight further west
However, I experienced a setback when my next door neighbour refused me permission to use their ground floor flat roof extension !
inconsiderate neighbours!!!
 
Hello members , is it true that the feedhorn with lnb revolves around the outside of the AV-Comm of member ;otokoc. and if so, does that work? Best regards
 

Attachments

  • avcomm.webp
    avcomm.webp
    855.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello members , is it true that the feedhorn with lnb revolves around the outside of the AV-Comm of member ;otokoc. and if so, does that work? Best regards

Using the picture as a reference, and assuming the OMT itself is not motorised - the AV-Comm poloriser will be in a fixed position, usually with the wording to the side and the internal 'steps' running vertically and the scalar ring attached to the front of the barrel. The OMT will be inserted into the poloriser barrel with one port at the top and the other port 90deg to the side with identical lnb's attached - this configuration will give you H / V pol only. Rotating the same OMT 45deg within the fixed poloriser barrel will give you LHC /RHC polorisation obtainable from the lnb's.
 
Nice one @John I learned something there. I will give my pipe another go now that my replacement 1.8m dish is up. I expect more from it than a vipersan plate
 
Back
Top