C-Band Extended

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous_1
  • Start date Start date
Do you have or know some link?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
65West Extended C-band.

4583. H. 4800. 2/3. DVB-S2 QPSK. FTA.
'Record News HD' . vpid:273. apid:274. SID: 59456
'Record News 1 Seg' . vpid:641. apid:643. SID: 59480
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
View attachment 145240

John, I see that you use GTMedia for this. Do you have an E2 receiver as well?
What settings do you have for this extended C-band LNB (LOF1/LOF2/treshold)?
 
John, I see that you use GTMedia for this. Do you have an E2 receiver as well?
What settings do you have for this extended C-band LNB (LOF1/LOF2/treshold)?
Hi,
I don't use E2 receivers , i just can't get on with them.
For Extended C-band coverage i use a Norsat 8000RI lnb which covers 3.6 to 4.8GHz on a 2.2mtr 'Elite' PF antenna feeding into a fixed poloriser The lnb is on a rotory motorised coupling attached to the output of the poloriser to give me L/R/H/V polarity options. Hope that helps.
 
I know what you've been using, the very LNB I got myself. I just have this issue with blindscaning using this particular LNB. I'd like to determine the glitch. Is it my LNB LOF settings or is there Octagon's/Enigma's bug?!
Blindscan with standard c-band LNB settings (LOF 5150) works normal but with this one I get no transponders/channels found.
The problem only exist with blindscan, manual scan works fine and channels display normal as well, see the photos bellow.
Do you (or anyone else) know exact treshold value to be used?
Any other idea?

A.jpgB.jpgC.jpgD.jpg
 
I know what you've been using, the very LNB I got myself. I just have this issue with blindscaning using this particular LNB. I'd like to determine the glitch. Is it my LNB LOF settings or is there Octagon's/Enigma's bug?!
Blindscan with standard c-band LNB settings (LOF 5150) works normal but with this one I get no transponders/channels found.
The problem only exist with blindscan, manual scan works fine and channels display normal as well, see the photos bellow.
Do you (or anyone else) know exact treshold value to be used?
Any other idea?

View attachment 149852View attachment 149853View attachment 149854View attachment 149855

Memory jogged now .... I think it's a bug - the GTCombo also had this problem when using a LO of 5750 on Blind Scan untill i worked with tester Owen on the GTMedia site to resolve the problem. I have a Novaler 4K twin tuner E2 receiver which also would not Blind Scan using LO 5750 after trying every way possible to configure the thing which then ended up in the surplus rx pile.
 
Your screenshot only presents the Inverted status of the LNB, it does not show how you configured the L.O. settings in the tuner configuration.
The issue might be the image you are using. I have no such issues with OpenViX.
Hm, what's the purpose of posting images... you still haven't taken a look...
 
Your screenshot only presents the Inverted status of the LNB, it does not show how you configured the L.O. settings in the tuner configuration.
The issue might be the image you are using. I have no such issues with OpenViX.
The LO is set to 5750 for both high and low bands. Is this correct for this LNB?
 
I think it is correct as it only has "one" band, besides as mentioned it works completely normal except for the blindscan. I am just not sure about the treshold setting.
 
The 5750 lnb settings shown in post# 306 of this thread are correct and should work with blindscan. Whether or not it actually works in blindscan will depend on the enigma2 image being used and the version of the blindscan plugin that is installed in that image. The OpenVix image should blindscan correctly with the 5750 lnb settings shown in post# 306.

The most likely reason the 5750 blindscan settings work in some images and not others is math. The transponders are actually found, but the math that converts the found frequencies to the correct value is wrong, so the transponders are discarded and "No Transponders found" is shown.

Shown below is part of the enigma2 code that sets frequencies for lnbs. As can be seen, LNBLOFL, LOFH, and LNBThreshold are all set to 5150. The 5750 lnb that I added can also be seen, and the three frequency entries for the 5750 lnb are set to 5750.

Screenshot from 2023-05-25 08-24-21.png

1_0_1_2_1_0_A1D1053_0_0_0_20230525081922.jpg
 
I just tried with the OpenVix, same thing. I hope to load some energy to try with another image in the near future...
Hm, strange, could it be to mips/arm receivers?! Octagon SF8008 is mips.

screenshot_20230526144101.jpg

screenshot_20230526144229.jpg
 
I know what you've been using, the very LNB I got myself. I just have this issue with blindscaning using this particular LNB. I'd like to determine the glitch. Is it my LNB LOF settings or is there Octagon's/Enigma's bug?!
Blindscan with standard c-band LNB settings (LOF 5150) works normal but with this one I get no transponders/channels found.
The problem only exist with blindscan, manual scan works fine and channels display normal as well, see the photos bellow.
Do you (or anyone else) know exact treshold value to be used?
Any other idea?

View attachment 149852View attachment 149853View attachment 149854View attachment 149855

SF8008 is ARM box! Adjust self.c_band_lo_freq = 5150 in plugin.py (Blindscanplugin) to 5750 and test
Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-05-26 17-09-34.png
 
Adjust self.c_band_lo_freq = 5150 in plugin.py (Blindscanplugin) to 5750 and test

Doing it this way will cause confusion. If you change the 5150 setting in the blindscan plugin to 5750, then you will need to change your antenna settings Before and After each blindscan else it will not work.
The best way to do this is to define the 5750 lnb in the NimManager py, and then define the 5750 lnb in the blindscan py. This is the best way I know to do it and once done, the 5750 works the same as the 5150 in blindscan.
 
This is unfortunately beyond my ability.
I'll try to contact OpenATV developers to inquire about the solution.
 
Back
Top