C Band how to

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi M8s,

Where can I get information on C Band - how to receive it etc. In my rec Xtreme I can see the C Band sats listed but cannot get any signals. Any information will be appreciated. Regards PCD.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You need to fit a C band LNB on the dish somehow, and in the UK anything below a 1.8m wont get much

What have you got to frighten the neighbours ?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
You need to fit a C band LNB on the dish somehow, and in the UK anything below a 1.8m wont get much

What have you got to frighten the neighbours ?

Thanks Channel Hopper, I have a 1m Televes in UK south coast, motorised 28E to 30W. I will see where I can buy get a C Band lnb to fit the dish. I have a Xtreme now, will I need a different receiver for low freq tuning ?

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

As stated, you need at least an 1,8 metre dish for Cband reception, and if you also want to recieve the KU band you need a corotor too, that splices the 2 signals to the different LNB's.

Cheers,

Cor.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
>COR< said:
Hi,

As stated, you need at least an 1,8 metre dish for Cband reception, and if you also want to recieve the KU band you need a corotor too, that splices the 2 signals to the different LNB's.

Cheers,

Cor.

Thanks Cor ! What about the receiver ? Are there special receivers for C Band ? Regards, PCD.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,
Even my antique Echostar AD 3000 IP has support for the C band, as well analog/digital reception etc, you need also a reciever supporting actuators, so 36 volts for driving a big dish, i know the AD 3600 IP has it and a lot more recievers, get one that does analog/digital reception.

So, you can get recievers that have it all in a nice package,

Cheers PCD,

Cor.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dont 'splice' using a Corotor, they will destroy the Ku band efficiency

If you really must fit a C band LNB, find a suitable horn and fit it all to one side of the Ku band LNB/feed.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
if you are going to require both C band and KU form your same dish then the better options for feedhorns come form ADI and Seavey Both are significantly better than the Co rotor option.

However the Seavey is the best but the price is generally very high $1500 , if you want the best htough you normally always have to pay

regards

Old Satellite

T

telandy

I am also interested in C band. If I have a 1.8m dish and i live in the South part of the UK, what sttions could I receive.

Rgds
Andy

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Have a look at the offerings of Lyngsat.com, satellites in the European and Atlantic parts of the listings

A 1.8 is a nice entry level size

T

telandy

Can anyone point me in a direction of a company that could supply a 1.8m dish at a reasonable price.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What do you class as reasonable, and where are you ?

T

telandy

I am in Godalming Surrey and what would be the going rate for a 1.8m dish, figures for a 1.5 vary so much so its just left me confused as to where the pricing is.

Thanks
Andy