Advice Needed C-Band Polarizer (Dielectric Plate)

empb+

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized Triax TD110 (1.06m) x2. TM 0.1db Ku-Band & 13K C-Band. WeTek Play (Ku & C-Band), Technomate TM7102 (Ku & C-Band), Openbox S2 Mini (Ku-Band). Basic PC but with Fausto EMU & vplug server installed.
My Location
Blackpool (NW, England)
I get boarderline reception with my small (Triax TD110, 1.06m) dish at 5W

CRTV
-Eutelsat 5°W -3745 L 2785 -FTA(C-Band)

Can be tuned in but most of the time is unwatchable.

I have read with interest Pride's Dielectric Plate modifications but using the sites search functions couldn't find the full instructions on making one.

I have also read a little about C-Band waveguides.

I was also wondering if I removed the Dielectric Plate (effectively making the LNB Linear for 40E etc), if a Dielectric Plate would work on the outside of the LNB in the Conical Scalar ring for example. Thought I'd read about someone using an old plastic breadboard for this but again search did not help me.

Anything short of getting a bigger dish, what would you recommend??? to gain around 0.5 dB or more on
CRTV @ Eutelsat 5°W -3745 L 2785 to give me a better lock. Its boarderline on the Technomate Sat Meters at 49-50%, just need 52% + to lock it all the time :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
What plate are you using at the moment? There's also a T-plate you can make out of a chopping board.

Also, what feedhorn are you using? It should be specifically for offset dishes.

empb+

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized Triax TD110 (1.06m) x2. TM 0.1db Ku-Band & 13K C-Band. WeTek Play (Ku & C-Band), Technomate TM7102 (Ku & C-Band), Openbox S2 Mini (Ku-Band). Basic PC but with Fausto EMU & vplug server installed.
My Location
Blackpool (NW, England)
Using the Dilectric plate that came with the DMS International 13K (Model BSC421 C-Band LNBF).

Yes using a offset dish feedhorn and conical ring.

empb+

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackpool (NW, England)
Thats the thread (external plate anyway) - thank you will have a go at that :)

empb+

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackpool (NW, England)
edit: (Partially external plate anyway)

Mods please edit above post and delete this one, thanks