CAM Help

R

Ricey

Hi All,

I've been trawling through the archives trying to identify a CAM for a Nokia 9500 to see if it is flashable or not. As yet I have had no luck so hoping someone on the forum can put me out of my misery.

The CAM appears to be the standard PCMCIA size although it does not have a slot to insert a card. It has a vertical blue stripe with the words "conditonal access". There is a white sticker on the front with a bar code and the following details:
SCM9848 HW2.0 SW2.02E
E00014767

At the bottom it reads BETA RESEARCH.

If flashable can someone please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Clarke.

Bthree

Reaction score
This CA CAM is not flashable and will not fit in a Laptop (too Thick) in fact CA cam's from a Nokia9200/9500/dbox are not flashable.

To do an upgrade you have to do a hardware modification, i am sure if you look back there is information on this subject, even on other forums possibly under AMON. The processor inside must also bear the ver SAS001, SAS002, 3, 4.

R

Ricey

Thanks for the response to my request. This CAM does however fit into the PCMCIA slot on a laptop computer. I did see all the previous postings re opening up the fatter version of the CAM and lifting out the EPROM for direct programming. I'm hoping this one can be done by direct flashing via the laptop. Anyone provide any further info?

Regards,

Clarke.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I think it only fits in type-II slots, but that's academic since you can not flash it via laptop. You must open it, remove the flash memory chip, reporgram it and put it back.
Yes, this has been discussed on this board before.
2old

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
Sorry to bring this old post back from the dead... but I found this link quite interesting. I have an old non-CI Irdeto CAM which I might upgrade to Amon 2.2. I was doing some reading-up when I stumbled upon this italian site. I thought there may be others in the same boat, or maybe people who just wanted to know what the inside of a cam looked like ???

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/create4/upgrade%20mediamaster.htm

It appears to describe the process in detail, and has great pictures. I'm no stranger to a soldering iron, but this looks very fiddly!!!