Cam module, I think?!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
LameDuck said:
Same seller has 200448349067 also, which is the same, but specifically mentions Cryptoworks. I've been a bit stupid here. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, clearly no knowledge is a lot worse!

What does the CAM menu actually show regarding your card?

LameDuck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Receiver, 1 meter dish.
My Location
Essex, UK
Ok, bought and installed the new CAM, it's Cyrptoworks/irdeto and it still doesn't work. The CAM module info page looks like that's working, but the information about the card is blank. Does that mean the card is no good? Is there some sort of cheap card I can buy that will unscramble any channels on 23.5, just to prove the kit is working maybe?

In the mean time I'm going to send an email to the skyLink tech support, who we bought the card from...

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
I have a similar problem with a Skylink card and a TM5300.
The picture keeps going blank and saying scrambled channel, several times a day.
TM know about this but are not doing anything about it, they say that Irdeto is a problem with TM5000 series, maybe your problem is the same for your Fortec box.

LameDuck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, UK
So, basically, I'm scuppered! Oh well, should have bought the darned receiver in Slovakia then :-(

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Not necessarily, the TM500,600 linux boxes, allegedly, read this card with no problems, if it has the right image, so maybe there are others that will work with it, but it takes a lot of asking around to find someone with a proven working box/card combo other than the official Slovak box.
My Slovakian friend got a "Showbox" from Slovakia but it only lasted a week. The TM 5300 I got him worked longer but it too has the above mentioned issues.
I am trying myself to resolve this so if I do find a fix I will let you know immediately.
Patience is most definitely a virtue!

LameDuck

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex, UK
Kewl, thanks. Going to try Slovak Skylink support first...

cabbagelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Triax dish, Technomate TM5400 CI+ M2 USB Super +
My Location
London
Hi, sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i am going through the same process myself and having problems getting the right receiver / card / CAM combination for the Slovak channels. Did you ever get this to work and if so what setup did the trick?

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
Working fine for me in VU+ Duo with original CSLink hardware CAM. I am told the cards can be made to work in a softcam, but I have no tried it myself. Hope that helps - much better signal now some transponders moved on to pan-european beam.

cabbagelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Thanks, I was trying with a Technomate TM5400 CI+ M2 USB Super+ and getting nowhere, but a friend gave me a Fortec Star Passion+ and hat worked fine, so either the Technomate was incompatible or its CI slot was faulty

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Faulty cam slot, get the receiver replaced.

Hope your only borrowing the fortec star receiver as they aren't all that great in my opinion.

cabbagelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I just spoke to the installer and he is coming round to test the CAM slot. Although not sure about the compatibility option either as the Technomate tech support man told me it will not work with a CI+ CAM, even though the guy who sold me the CAM said a CI+ cam should still work in a CI slot, just the CI+ encrypted channels will not work (as far as I can tell the Slovak channels are not actually CI+ encrypted even though Skylink only seemed to certify CI+ CAMs)

I haven't had a lot of usage out of either box yet but tend to agree with you as I have found the passion box a little "quirky" (things like moving channels in the favourites lists doesn't seem to work, also sorting channels) and the menus are generally a bit clunkier than the Technomate was.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
I *think* the latest skylink cards are both spec? I know they were moving over from the encryption standard, and I was advised to get the card support both old and and new for best compatibility.

The fortec start are not great, someone I knew bought one then quickly changed (he was trying to get slovak channels as well)

cabbagelad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
You can get the dual encryption cards ("ICE") as well as Irdeto only. I think the ICE cards have been introduced so that all customers don't have to go out and buy new receivers. I don't know what their longer term plan is though

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The ICE card is the one I have, I was advised by our Czech friends the Irdeto only cards do not work in softcam with Engima receivers (although I am using hardware CAM at the moment).