cam or reciever prob? for dutch tv

ricki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
ireland
hi all,

friend of mine got a authentic duch nederland card and as an offer i got the job of setting it up. All went well, great signal from a 90cm dish with universal lnb pointed at astra 19 and a brand new triax with 2 cam slots.

ordered a cam from a shop asking for the incription after reading in a sat mag that it was irdito and mediaguard 1 & 2..... the cam i recieved i was told was the only one with both incriptions on it. It is an "ice-cript"

tho all is not working.

all analogue german stuff is fine, but the dutch channells are just a black screen, saying scrambled channell.

any ideas ?

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
CanalDigitaal update there keys monthly. Is the ice-crypt updating the smart card?

I have tried a couple of Mediaguard compatable CAM/UCAS options but had small problems. Best try to take the CAM back and swap it for an AstonCrypt CAM (version 1.05 or higher).

If you plan using the Aston CAM with a receiver with double tuner/HD recorder you should make sure that the Aston is version 1.05 OR if its version 1.07 make sure that the receiver can handle the double decoding on the 1.07.

Hope this helps.

Happy new year to you and everybody else on this board!

diarmuid

Reaction score
I have an official Dutch card receiving all channels on an Aston Seca 1.04.

It is sensitive because if the receiver is accidentally switched off or there's a power cut, the card takes ages to kick back in and lots of error messages. Sometimes the Aston Cam requires a little adjustment and then the banner comes up and finally the picture is back.

My receiver is a Nokia 9800S and its on a fixed dish, 80cm mesh in Dublin. Reception 95 per cent no problems.

Hope this helps,

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A 9800 is not the nicest machine to use with additional cams

Have you updated the firmware from satellite in the past month ?

P

palco1603

with any official card your best with the proper cam. I've had a dutch card now for 3 years and had no probs in a seca cam .V1.05 is now best with the new gen cards. Not one hiccup, also my sky italia worked fine in a v1.05 cam even after the change over from telepui.

ricki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
ireland
thanks alot guy's !

ordered a seca cam v1.05 as ye all suggest, and judging from your responce i should have no further bother from marrying the card to cam.

thanking all.

once again satellites uk strike

diarmuid

Reaction score
Am nervous about upsetting my setup! What is the advantage to the latest software for the 9800S?

The Nokia menu structure at present I find very manageable with the range of alternative menus an advantage over the basic single menu Pacom 2100 I have. But, the speed of the Nokia is very slow by comparison with the Palcom which zips along when channel searching.