Cams, cardservers and EMU's

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
After playing with the dreambox for the last week i'm still struggling to understand how cams, cardservers and emu's all hang together nicely.

Fair enough i can get Mgcamd (an emu) working on certain channels.
I understand where the keys get put, and how the cam gets started using the scripts.
I've changed the majority of the logging on the cams so they point to the syslog server running on my workstation so that i can try and understand what is going on in the background.

But what i don't get is how, Mgcamd and say Newcamd or Mgcamd and Gbox/ cs2gbox (whatever this is) or CCcam and newcamd all work together.

Anyone any insights or usful english docs on the subject?

Thanks

PJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s 40gb hard disk, sky + sky digi box, comgag sl65 *2 twinhan pci sat card. 2* sky digi boxes each with quad lnb's 1M televes dish superjack dg120 motor. dreambox and 4 pc's all networked running vlc from dreambox. Some pc's wireless.hita
My Location
abertillery area gwent south wales
Ineed info on cams also. What is the difference in all the different types of emus ?

alun

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
The difference is essentially in the way these tasks are performed by them :-

-which providers are decoded with official cards (legal) or without an official card (perhaps ok for experimental purposes)
-The way they can be combined as server and client in 2 boxes at home one with official card (ok if the provider permits it)
-Ditto for card-sharing thru the internet (definitely illegal).

Cheers, pcd.