CAMS - pls explain

manikm

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ive been interested in Satellite TV ever since i got it many moons ago with such channels as Lifestyle, Screensport, ahhh they were the days - then along came Skys multi channels - boooooooooooo.

Anyway, my question is - i am now getting back into it, and have ordered a MONO block, and a new receiver (Technomate 5500 DACI) for both Digi and Analogue - and CI slots for CAMS

On the Hotbird channels, there are a few xxx channels i see - which seem to be encrypted by Irdeto2, or Viaccess2 - see belowExtasi TV Irdeto 2
Viaccess 2
8720 4432 4433
SCT - Satisfaction Channel TV Irdeto 2
Viaccess 2
8727 4192 4193 I
s_x TV (Italy) Irdeto 2
Viaccess 2

My question is, once i get my receiver to pick up the HOTBIRD satellite - and will have these channels available, what CAM would i need to get - and what card would i need? or do i need to subsribe to the relavant channel.

Im so confsued by it all - titanium cards etc

I am pretty familair with Gold cards, and the elvis programmer and SECA.

Can anyeone explain in simple terms what i need.

T24

Info Exec
Reaction score
Irdeto2 is not hacked,in short you need to subscribe.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If you want to get hardcore 24/7 then an ultimate cam might suit you. £119 and 4 channels for 4 months.

FOUR MONTH SUBSCRIPTION PER CHANNEL
s_x VIEW /s_x VIEW PLUS /DON'T PANIC/247 SEXTV
IRDETO AND CONAX COMPATIBLE

No card necessary.

sat_freak

Reaction score
well well..........welcome bak to the dizzy world of satellite tv!

the channels u have indicated are either irdeto2- or viaccess2- encrypted, which to this time can only be viewed thru an official subscription card :-(

latest development has seen seca2 bein cracked....its still early days....let us see how this cookie crumbles...

if u know about goldwafers and elvis programmers then u might try givin ABSAT package on 13E (hotbird) a shot..u need a seca cam for it though.

else, u can be a bit bold and try a magic or matrix cam alongwith funcards and get quite a lot of stuff...u need to be a bit more technical minded for that..coz sumtimes the CAM's firmware has to be reprogrammed and the keys gotta be searched and updated almost on a daily basis....and it pays too if u hav a motorised system...bein able to point ur dish to 30E or 5E or 1W :-) apart from the usual hotbird and astra fare.

cheerz

manikm

Reaction score
LOL! thanks for the replies guys, especially yours SATFREAK.

I wont have a motorised system, just ASTRA and HOTBIRD (hopefully) if the monoblock works with my new Technomate 5500DACI that i bought today...

Hmmm, well basically i want to get as much as i can for free, but i dont mind paying also for a bit of XXX - i just wondered what people are doing, i dont want to subscribe only to then find out i could have programmed my old GOLDIE to get the same channel. ;)

Whats the SKY ITALIA package all about then, thats encrypted is it not? so has it been comprismised? im a little confused - i have learned about cams now - i see they are just the interface for the card - although i cant see how some cams act as decrypters - puzzler.

Anyway - i think i will wait to see what i get for free when my monoblock arrives. And i will go from there....someone suggested for xxx that i get a ultimatecam - seems pricey for 4 months...i dunno.

Thanks GUYS anyway.

sat_freak

Reaction score
to see what sky italia has to offer, click here
www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyitalia.shtml

as a rule of thumb........any packages which are encrpyted in the TWO (2) version that's irdeto2 viaccess2 seca2 nagravision2....are NOT "compromised" except of course for sky italia which is seca2 but recently got "compromised" ....

for a hotbird/astra user...havin a viaccess cam is still a good choice...u can hav french canal satellite package on astra.....TPS and ABSATon hotbird...hopefully that will keep u amused quite a lot ;) unless u r very demandin lolol

manikm

Reaction score
viaaccess cam? now, can a matrix reloaded do the same? as i can get a MR cam quite cheap...
just by having the cam, will that give me the packages u mention 4 free? or do i need to subscribe? or are they viewable with a bit of programming and fiddling with a titanium card...

thanks!!!

sat_freak

Reaction score
yes a matrix reloaded CAM can be v useful indeed.... CAM alone wont be any good, u need a FUNCARD5 or 6 alongwith a funcard programmer (not sure if ur Elvis cud do them)...and finally the files from the good old net! with that in place u should be able to watch quite a lot...all irdeto1, seca1, viaccess1, betacrypt, nagra1 and conax..... no need for any subscriptions...all for freeeeeeeeeee..... :D

to summarise.... u need a MR CAM, a funcard, suitable funcard programmer and files from the net......u will hav plenty to watch...trust me..... there is loads of programming movies documentaries etc in original english language, u dont have to be a "multi-linguist" for that

n of course then there is that material where not knowin the language doesnt put u in any disadvantage whatsoever....u just have to be a "cunning-linguist" lol

primalurge

Reaction score
not sure if you guys have access to AsiaSat3s or not, but using a joker cam you can access FreeX-Tv, 2 chanels of 24/7 hardcore - the catch - find the firmware to load up your funcard - or pay around AU$120 per year for the legit service., if that rings your bell manikm