Can anybody confirm if the service is live Atm

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
A company called onwave sell them in the R.O.I......excollier posted the link in the forum in the saorsat section..

Just to add these have a 23mm collar and are all twin output's..

If i remember correctly there around £30

chris

found it
@ttp://www.onwave.ie/saorview_parts

Vipersan said:
Anyone know of another source ?
Still out of stock @ Vanjak ..
perhaps someone who has one can post up the model number of the lnb ..so at least I have something positive to search the net for ..
rgds
VS

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi Chris ..
Thanks for the reply ..
Just read the T&C ...
looks like they only supply within the ROI ..?
It may well be I'll have to wait to experiment with Ka ... or persuade a member based in the ROI to buy me one and ship it to the UK..
rgds
VS

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Just found this on ebay ..

Contacted the vendor to see if he will supply to the UK
..Currently awaiting a reply..
rgds
VS

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Good news Vipersan

I made a phone call for you there....

The KA lnb's will be back in stock later today or tomorrow @ vanjak rigging you'll find the link above also they will send it directly to you happy hunting....

Chris

Vipersan said:
Hi Chris ..
Thanks for the reply ..
Just read the T&C ...
looks like they only supply within the ROI ..?
It may well be I'll have to wait to experiment with Ka ... or persuade a member based in the ROI to buy me one and ship it to the UK..
rgds
VS

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Well ..the ebay vendor got straight back to me with an OK ..
So plunged in and placed an order ..
Inverto twin ka with collar winging its way to me now ..
might have paid a bit over the odds ..but 45 Euro including postage ...
..I had to have one
;)
rgds
VS

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Chris76 said:
I will try tomorrow on a mini-dish and let you know Ian..

Please do, it would be of interest on boards.ie too, plenty of argument on the Saorsat thread there.
Was going to try myself today, multifeed on a TD110, but it's blowing a gale and lashing down out here atm!
I see Vanjak has another 200 Ka lnbs in stock today...

mournespide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD box with NI card and no subscription.
Saorview, Basic Freeview and Roku.
My Location
Co.Down (near Claremont Carn transmitter)
Just a quick question will the Ka band lnb pick up other services at apart from Saorsat at 9E? Will it pick up European channels on Eurobird 9E?

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Being two miles away from Claremont Carn you would be better using saorview unless your in a black spot which in know there is around there.The KA lnb will only get you rte channels as normal satellite uses ku band transmission.

mournespide said:
Just a quick question will the Ka band lnb pick up other services at apart from Saorsat at 9E? Will it pick up European channels on Eurobird 9E?

zg3409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All sorts
My Location
Ireland
mournespide said:

No. The LNB will only pick up KA, not KU signals, like most 9E stations.

mournespide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Great big hill in front of the house! Saorview needs 10 foot aerial on top of the house, sat dish would be easier to set up!

mournespide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Heard something about TV3 and 3e not being on the new saorsat service any truth in this?

zg3409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All sorts
My Location
Ireland
At the moment the service is not launched. Anything could change. It is rumoured to be launched March 17th. At the moment even TG4 is not being transmitted. It is near 100% certain TG4 will be broadcast. It is also probable that when the 2nd Mux is launched a second carrier will be added to Saorsat with more channels in HD, Dail TV etc.

But yes, at the moment no TV3 and 3E. There is a suggestion RTENL want TV3 to pay over and above for Saorsat, and TV3 won't. So at the moment the rumour says no TV3 for now, so if you san get saorVIEW via aerial then that might be a better option.

Ideally I would like a satellite only option as boxes with satellite only might work better for record, pause etc, but without TV3 (if u care) It's a problem.

mournespide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
TV3 is good for Tuesday night Champions League!

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
I bought a second hand 1m channel master used for tooway broadband, like new, came with a lnb, which i think is ka band,
Can this be used to pick up soarsat, and which cable would be the receive one, the connection on the top part of the lnb or on the bigger bottom part of the lnb.

Also can any receiver pick up soarsat.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Hi Jpsr

This dish is over kill for saorsat you could use a region 2 mini dish with a ka lnb but if your going to use the 1m dish this will work flawlessly for saorsat. All hd receivers are s/2 which is what is needed for saorsat so if you have a hd receiver your your good to go but not a sky hd receiver.

The lnbf you got with the dish a ka and two way you would be better using on of these for ease of use @ttp://www.vanjak.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=33187

Chris

jpsr said:
I bought a second hand 1m channel master used for tooway broadband, like new, came with a lnb, which i think is ka band,
Can this be used to pick up soarsat, and which cable would be the receive one, the connection on the top part of the lnb or on the bigger bottom part of the lnb.

zg3409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All sorts
My Location
Ireland
jpsr said:

Firstly I think it is nearly essential you attach a photo. Also post all the model numbers etc. or else link to a photo on the net of one identical. There are lots of internet dishes, some are capable, but not recommeneded for Saorsat. Will it take a standard 40mm disameter LNB? In short you are probably better off selling the dish and just buying an Saorsat approved LNB. They are for sale on an online auction site (seach for Saorsat LN:cool: and from Onwave for €35 including shipping. They also sell a dish too if needed.

It is possible your dish may work. It may require a special power supply depending on the type of dish.

Chris76 said:
Hi Jpsr
This dish is over kill for saorsat you could use a region 2 mini dish with a ka lnb
Chris

Regardings chris's advice I WOULD NOT recommend a Sky dish. Number 1 the holes in the dish are not designed for 20Ghz meaning it would not work right and two the LNB holder is not designed for a 25/40MM LNB. In your description you seem to be in mullingar and already have a few dishes. You need a solid dish, a 40mm camping dish will work for testing but an 80cm is probably needed for reliable signal in heavy rain. The smaller the dish the easier it is to point. At 20Ghz dishes are twice as directional as 10Ghz.

Regarding will any receiver working, yes, as long as it has a HDMI connector, is Sat HD, with DVB-S2 capable, and if it's a freesat box can be switched to non freesat mode. It also needs to have DiSEqC for switching between different LNBs, so a Sky box will not work. If you go ahead you may need to stick a wired frequency into the receiver: see the wikipedia article on Saorsat for more info.

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
The tooway lnb,
On the top smaller part of the lnb it says-zinwell ku dro lnb,
R.F 10.95-11.70 ghz
I.F 950-1700 MHZ.
The bottom main part to the lnb only gives the name, monolithics.

Can this be used for soarsat.

zg3409

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
All sorts
My Location
Ireland
jpsr said:
The tooway lnb,
On the top smaller part of the lnb it says-zinwell ku dro lnb,
R.F 10.95-11.70 ghz
I.F 950-1700 MHZ.
The bottom main part to the lnb only gives the name, monolithics.

Can this be used for soarsat.

No. You need a special Saorsat LNB.