Can Anyone Help Please?

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Hey there...I'm very interested in getting back into satellite viewing again after a couple of years break & need a little advice.
I have an Echostar 3000IP & Aston/Seca 1.03 Cam & a Monoblock LNB pointing at Astra 19E & Hotbird 13E...also 2/3 old (what i believe to be) MultimacII cards from when i used to get monthly cards for the old '6pack' multi-seca packages(Taquilas, Absat, Canal+, Palco etc).
I hope to go motorised sometime in the future but while i'm saving for that, i wanted to make the most of what i have now.
I like the sound of the Matrix cam or Dragon Cam but i have zero experience of programming/updating etc so it scares me to go straight in for something like that without gaining more knowledge about it all first & i'm also thinking that those Cams would benefit me alot more if i wait to be motorised so i'm thinking of getting an Ultimate Cam.
My questions are...
Are my old MMII cards useless? (even if i bought some more stuff)
Will all the Cams mentioned above work with my reciever?
Should i get the Ultimate Cam or go for one of the other 2?
If i got the Matrix or Dragon Cam, could i get the same channels (plus more?) as on the Ultimate Cam?(would really like some mature content, prem footy etc)
If i got the Ultimate Cam, will it be completely useless once the 4months expire?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Exxx

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
It is hard to say.

Fit the motor first...And then maybe get a Tit card + a MR cam.
The Ultimate Cam will be no good when 4 months run out. Also your Aston/Seca 1.03 Cam and MII may be of some use as I still see files for them.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Thanks for the reply Razor.
It looks like it will be a few months at least before i can go motorised so i will try search to see if my reciever is compatible with an Ultimate Cam & also will try to seek out these MMII files for my old Seca Cam to see what i could view with those. If the channels are worth the trouble, i'm gathering i would need a programmer of sorts to use those files so any reccomendations for a suitable one? Ideally i would like to buy a programmer that would do the job for my MMII & Seca Cam, plus could also be later used for a MR Cam if this is possible, any suggestions?

Thanks again in advance.

Exxx

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Exxx

As you probably guess this hobby is not cheap so unless you are happy to chuck money at it you will want to consider what's happening at the moment. The situation with cams/cards/files is quite volatile at the moment. An MR and titanium card will indeed get prem soccer and h/c mature content at the moment but does rely on the files being available and updated when keys change. The dragon cam is excellent but is being overtaken by the 'X' cam which will carry out the emulation of a MM, MR and dragon cam in the one cam and will work with or without cards (as the MR does to an extent). Again we rely on files being available. Then the cams may not work in your receiver as well as in some others.

So, to sum up the 'X' cam or Ultra cam to give it its full name (not to be confused with the ultimate cam) is hot at the moment. I'm still using an MR and a tit card on conax and I also have a dragon cam. Both suit my purpose for now. The MR is programmed with a CAS2 interface from Duolabs and the dragon with a loader card supplied with the cam. The 'X' cam needs a programmer but I understand that soon(ish) the CAS2 will prog the MR, the dragon and the 'x' cam.

For programming tit cards an Infinity USB phoenix programmer works well.

Finally the Ultimate cam is an official cam with, as you know, 4 (24/7) mature content channels for 4 months. It also handles Conax and Irdeto cards. Who knows after 4 months there may be an update.

As they say, you pays your money and takes your choice.

exxxklusive

Reaction score
My Location
Merseyside
Thanks alot Jimbo
Some nice info here for me to think about.
I don't mind spending abit to get what i want but as you say & from what i've read on other posts, the situation with these things are always changing which is why i did'nt wanna jump in at the deep end too quick as i don't have alot of cash to spend nevermind to lose. I will consider the 'X' Cam you talk of when i come to buying one as i think it's best that i get something that can just plug'n'play & update itself for a few months while i get to grips with learning more about this. I was always lazy & just paid for programmed cards from a friend of a friend but i can see the longterm benefits of learning more about this for myself & spending a few quid at first on something that will hopefully have a decent lifespan & it will give me time to make sure that whatever i choose that i have everything i need.
I will probably be back sometime with more questions & thanks to you both for responding with your advice, it's much appreciated.