Can I?

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a sammy 9500 & a sky digibox can I loop these to each other as I am struggling with scart inputs on my T.V.I have everything linked through a Trilogy 2 box with auto switching but wondered if it is possible to loop the two boxes together and if so would you be so kind as to tell me how to do this,

Thanks again guys,

dentsy :-beer

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You certainly should be able to daisycahin the two units Dentsy, but do you also need to interconnect with the video and or any other units?

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Matey once again you really do seem to be helping me a lot over the last week, thank you.
This is a bit of a cheek now but if i list what I have can you tell me the best way to link them all?

I Have;-

video to trilogy 2 box
dvd to ------;---------
sky to ------;---------
sammy to-----;---------

trilogy 2 out to tv via scart to av2

tv av 1 going to video sender giga for tv in another room

sky vcr out to vcr
terestrial tv to video rf in and then to tv rf in,

tell me to sod off if I cant get this help here,

regards,

simon :rolleyes:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just trying to draw this Simon, how many scart input/outputs does the Trilogy have? I presume its 3 in (hence the trilogy) and one out and what do you want to transmit via the video sender?

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All I want to transmit from the sender is whats showing on the tv at that time or if not poss just sky digi yes the trilogy is 3 in 1 out and tv only has av1 + av2 inputs to the rear and i can only watch dvd via av2/s cos i have svideo lead from dvd as I am not able to connect a scart as its too far away( I think this may be why i am having some probs)

thanks for your time,

simon

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK Simon, what I would suggest is Video to Sky VCR socket, From the Sky TV out scart, use a two way fully wired scart doubler fromthe digibox TV socket and connect the sender to this and a lead to the AV1 socket on the TV.

Then connect the Sammy and DVD to the Trilogy and the Trilogy to AV2 on the TV., you should also be able to connect the video to the trilogy if it has a second scart socket.

RF as you have it now.

Problem with all of these connections is that they may work on paper, but because of quirks with some equipment, it is not guaranteed.

dentsy2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:D Thank you for you help and spending the time to assist me.

all I need now is for someone to answer me question in the digital systems posting,
thank you again:D